Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

Regret to hear that, Mark; all my best whishes for you, and good luck.

Comment

• Peter W
      Captain
      • May 2011

Sorry to hear your bad news Mark, I hope things sort themselves out quickly they usually do for the good guys.

Peter

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Im getting that old familiar urge again. Should I or Shouldnt I?
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

I do not think any of us can tell you what to do Mark, it is what your heart desires.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

No Mark, don't do it. Save your money for something really sensible, like a new set of tyres or a nice set on brand new sausepans - of course you should do it, you idiot. Like is too short. Seize the day!

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

Actually, hold on a minute. I just had a look at their site - it seems that you get a GRP hull and some appendages for 385 quid which I think is around $590.00. No mention of propellor, brass frett, bits or peices; which seems to me to be WAY over the top. Have you considered commissioning a scratch build? Or better yet, buy a Blueback from HWSNBN - much bettr value.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Thanks Hardrock for the good thoughts. When youve been doing RC for as long as I have, sometimes you worry less about the cost than on the percieved Entertainment value. Right now Ive got seven (7) RC submarines, all of which are operated with Caswell/Merriman supplied gear. Im planing on adding to it at some point when Dave introduces the Sierra II boat as well as the Albacore phase 1. Id also like to get my hands on another Gato as well. "Forgive me for my sins Father for I have sinned" Ha! No disrespect intended. No animals were harmed during this post.
                Last edited by greenman407; 11-20-2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• HardRock
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Mar 2013

My pleasure Mate. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Over the years..............of all the things I have lost......................I think I miss my mind the most.........................I think

Comment

Working...