Skipjack 1:230 scale build

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

It's not a good idea to ****-off Teacher, guy's!
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Hazegry
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Mar 2013

oops. On a positive note I got a lot of dirty looks from Doug today at the show hahaha the little sub was a big hit.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Hazegry
        oops. On a positive note I got a lot of dirty looks from Doug today at the show hahaha the little sub was a big hit.
        You ****ed off Doug Barns?! .... all is forgiven my Son. Well done! Got any pictures of the event to share. Where was it?
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Hazegry
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Mar 2013

we were told the event was going to last from 3 o'clock until 530 but there's only one group of kids about 100 of them and after that it was over there supposed to be like 3 or 4 waves of kids. so we're expecting more kids and by the time I get ready to pull out the camera and take pictures they're all like it's over that's it packup so I didn't get any pictures. The event was at the boys and girls club in Virginia beach. The kids kept grabbing their friends from Doug's table to show them the sub lol. Maybe I will by Doug some sandpaper to make it up to him lol.
          Last edited by Hazegry; 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Hazegry
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Mar 2013

double post
            Last edited by Hazegry; 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• crazygary
              Captain
              • Sep 2012

Thanks a bunch for posting those photos, David!! Really like your operating linkages!! YeeeHAH!!
              Howsomever: whassup with the mutant ant??? LOL

BTW, the double linear servo mentioned in this thread is listed as a 2.4Ghz unit on the Hobby King website!!
              Must be a little more than it appears to be!!

crazygary

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by crazygary
                Thanks a bunch for posting those photos, David!! Really like your operating linkages!! YeeeHAH!!
                Howsomever: whassup with the mutant ant??? LOL

BTW, the double linear servo mentioned in this thread is listed as a 2.4Ghz unit on the Hobby King website!!
                Must be a little more than it appears to be!!

crazygary
                Sorry about the ant shot, snuck into the photo gallery by accident -- a project Rose and I got into after she saw the movie, Them!

Servos don't care about the RF (2.4gHz or 75mHz ....), they only see a working voltage of five-volts presented as a pulse train of variable pulse-length.

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Hazegry
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Mar 2013

I haven't forgotten my little sub but I did run some go fast targets this weekend at the IMPBA oval time trials and walked away with 4 World records in the N super stock and N stock catamaran class. Jason Boushard
                  N Stock Cat 1/4 65.708 N Stock Cat 1/3 77.364
                  N SS Cat 1/3 49.131
                  N SS Cat 1/4 39.143
                  Last edited by Hazegry; 04-22-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Hazegry
                    I haven't forgotten my little sub but I did run some go fast targets this weekend at the IMPBA oval time trials and walked away with 4 World records in the N super stock and N stock catamaran class. Jason Boushard
                    N Stock Cat 1/4 65.708 N Stock Cat 1/3 77.364
                    N SS Cat 1/3 49.131
                    N SS Cat 1/4 39.143
                    Wow! You wild man, you!
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Hazegry
                      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                      • Mar 2013

I havent forgoten you guys or my little sub life just got in the way and work has done wondes to kill any free time I have had. I cant get on here at work normally so I havent been able to get on. I am having some issues getting the hull gap fixed using the baking soda and ca method I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I was also wondering if theres much use in making a larger sub dive if it can only submerge a foot or two before it looses signal and you cant see it anyways. I still need to get a radio I am hoping to have one soon.

Comment

• crazygary
                        Captain
                        • Sep 2012

Good to see you back on the "Skippy" build! Mine is making good headway and I should have her " in-the-drink" shortly!!

The "baking soda/CA thing" worked well for me. Built up masking tape "dams" on either side of the hull area in question, sprinkled the baking powder between them, leveled it off with a small piece of cardstock, and wicked the CA into it.

It helps a lot to spread the masking tape slightly, to form a little bit of a vee, before adding the baking powder, then "tamp" it down a little so it's even with the tape, and wick away! I found a little practice with some scrap plastic sheet helped a lot. Good luck!!

As far as a radio is concerned, I have a spare WFly FT06A, 6-channel TX that I'm willing to part with, if interested. Only problem is it's 72Mhz, and no receiver. Radio South can convert it to 75Mhz for about $50,00, I believe. If interested, you can have it for 50 bucks, plus shipping. PM me if this may be something you'd want to pursue.

Comment

• Hazegry
                          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                          • Mar 2013

thanks Crazy I see where I was messing up now I was trying to put the glue down then sprinkle the ca into glue so I will reverse my method and then should be on my way. I will hold off on the radio I am planing on buying the wfly8 because I plan on doing more subs. I might have to buy a case of MT. Dew and visit my buddy who helped with the Tug now that work is going to ease up a bit.
                          Last edited by Hazegry; 01-28-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Is that you, Jason!???......
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Hazegry
                              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                              • Mar 2013

yup its me I am stillpracticing being a target at the moment but should be home soon and want to tackle this thing and oscar build.

Comment

• crazygary
                                Captain
                                • Sep 2012

Glad I was able to "lend a hand". Hazegry!!
                                A really great idea learned at the hands of Brother "M"!!
                                Good stuff!
                                Best of luck with your build!!

Comment

Working...