Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nuke Power
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

wish I had the answer for you on this one but this is one of the few boats I have not built :(

Comment

• junglelord
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

wrap the pumpjets

Comment

• toppack
        Rear Admiral
        • Nov 2008

Did you try asking your questions thru 'Tech-Support'?
        Maybe someone is Awake there?
        Rick L.
        --------------------------------------------
        * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
        Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• junglelord
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

I only re-ordered DVDs via tech support.
          I did not ask them the geometry of the two appendages for linkage via the brass rods. Its just simple geometry due to the way the sub is designed. The Sail Planes I saw a sample, but a clear picture until the DVDs clear customs, or whatever happens to crap there, would speak volumes.

I mean how hard can it be to give a simple pic?
          A picture of the geometry between the inner sail which is hanging and finished, which connects to the intermediate rod configuration, under the superstructre and also connects to the rear of the sub driver is the one funky one. That intermediate design, which I saw had several bends.

The way the two front bow fins connect at the rear, and how many guide vanes, that is the second one. The two front are slaved off the rear, I know that, but I just would like a picture of the geometry of how they come together, and what bends if any I need to make. That about sums up the missing data, and knowledge and steps to complete number one Seaview from STRINGFLY.

The missing shimsteel, is a gift and an improvement according to David, instead of wraping the pumpjets in black electric tape, wrap them in shimsteel instead, then blue RTV. I have these three things to do.
          Last edited by junglelord; 04-12-2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Nuke Power
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Stop gettingg wrapped around the axle on this one and just jump in the water. I am sure you can figure it out..if not at least make it work. Instructions are for women :)

Comment

• mickelsen
              Lieutenant
              • Aug 2008

If wrapping the pumpjets with shimsteel instead of black electrical tape is an improvement, I'd like to see a picture of THAT. I'm not familiar with shimsteel so, show us when you can.
              Hope is a harsh mistress!
              Mark

Comment

• junglelord
                Banned
                • Jan 2009

Look at Rays thread for the shimsteel.

I got my pictures and I am done. Read em and weep, thats all I wanted.
                HAPPY FREAKING EASTER!

Comment

• junglelord
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

Well that shim steel has not arrived. Wonder what is up with the mail these days>? I will have the rest of the parts in the sub in a few weeks (I keep spending it putting my son through college). If it has not arrived by then, I will try to get some from my brother, the mechanic who works at Canadian Tire.

Comment

• junglelord
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009

OMG, Shim Steel is here and some bits and servo arms and all kinds of goodies. Thanks Ray, your the best kind of person.

I will now set my pumpjets.
                    I'll drink to THAT!

Comment

Working...