X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChaoticDoctor15
    Ensign
    • Apr 2024

Arkmodel type VII uboat build.

Hello guys, Kinda new here. Just started working on the arkmodel 1/48 scale type VII uboat. I plan on getting the 250 subdriver for this boat but it may be a while till i can get my hands on it.
    So far the Hull and linkages are finished. Still working on some small modifications for the deck so I don't have to unscrew it every time i need to open her up. I'm contemplating on waiting until I have the subdriver to paint it, but since that may be a while I might start painting it within a week or two.
    This is my first time building something like this (I've been building models and slightly functioning toy sailing ships since i was a kid) so any questions, tips or suggestions are welcome.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Read Bob's book.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ChaoticDoctor15
      Ensign
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      Read Bob's book.
      I did in fact buy and read his book. It was a great read and answered a lot of my questions!

Comment

• goshawk823
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Oct 2010

I would ditch the white tubing/bearing tubes for the prop shafts and replace them with brass tube. That plastic that I got with my kit was terribly binding…

Comment

• ChaoticDoctor15
          Ensign
          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by goshawk823
          I would ditch the white tubing/bearing tubes for the prop shafts and replace them with brass tube. That plastic that I got with my kit was terribly binding…
          I'm considering that, I actually spent a large amount of time today fiddling with that plastic tube to get the prop spinning freely and after a couple blasts with a torch and some trimming it's actually spinning perfectly with just my thumb on the prop shaft. Oh and loooots of sanding today and cleaning up rails.

Comment

Working...