X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TuptubBuilder
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Sep 2020

Refurbished Neptune

I’d like to share my Neptune Project with other Neptune owners. I purchased the previously owned and dropped Neptune from the Drydocks last March. I haven’t gotten beyond bathtub trimming due to algae blooms in the local lakes and a fear of losing it. The Refurb Log is akin to watching paint dry but some might find the details interesting. Refurb.pdf
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Those are some fun modifications you made.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• TuptubBuilder
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Sep 2020

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone else has had prop shaft issues.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

I had to go back to the original design on mine because of a modification. That was done while parts were available. So no issue on mine. The mods I have done on mine are kort type prop, converted to NiMh - I kept the extended planes the prior owner did, but you inspired me to make a 3D printed version. The Neptune SB-1 is a fun sub to run.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• TuptubBuilder
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Sep 2020

Great. My bow planes just slip on and are constrained by the socket head cap screw. Let me know if you want a copy of the stl.

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Thank you for the offer, I will try my hand at it first and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...