X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by 598602G
    This was the class of boat I served on. 598 SSBN. Was on the Abraham Lincoln SSBN 602. 1/72 as usual. 63" with a 6" beam. Made the separate mold for the turtle deck as only way to do. Sail molds, turtle deck molds and appendage molds done. Making the hull molds this week as hull plug is done. Going to make a few kits. Boat has some serious rudders on it so boat should turn real good.
    There is NOTHING like owning an operational RC model of ones own boat. I remember discussing with the Midwatch up in Control on a quiet night in the Norwegian Sea back in '79 that one day I'd have one of good old 631. They had a good laugh at this I admit. But I guess winning awards at the North Lake at the Groton Sub Base many years later for it got me the last laugh.

FWIW, there is nothing that brings more National pride to me than the sight of an American Boomer. A distinctive American look, sleek and deadly. After all, any War lasting longer than 40 minutes is just plain silly.

Can't wait to see your Boomer out there!

Waiting on SOMEONE to finish his WEBSTER with those unique bow planes! You're retired now, git 'er done!!
    or..
    NO BOATS FOR YOU!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0385.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	166717

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	166718
    Last edited by QuarterMaster; 11-11-2022, 10:47 PM.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• 598602G
      Captain
      • Jan 2017

I don't go too much in depth on showing boat builds. Boats I listed will be future builds. Behind the scenes I am working on aircraft molds as well. I sell the 598 kits for $500. I was fortunate to serve on a boomer during the height of the cold war back in the 70's.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        Rear Admiral
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by 598602G
        I don't go too much in depth on showing boat builds. Boats I listed will be future builds. Behind the scenes I am working on aircraft molds as well. I sell the 598 kits for $500. I was fortunate to serve on a boomer during the height of the cold war back in the 70's.
        79-82 (Cold War, the fun years) and some 35K sea miles outta Holy Loch
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Dave let me know if you want a 598 kit.
          Last edited by 598602G; 11-13-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...