Clear All
  • buzzby
    Ensign
    • Oct 2019

Nautical Commander

Does anyone still use them?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Nope. (Say someone still uses one, so what?) AM modulation, no easy pre-sets to the channels, clunky transmitter stick and slider arrangement .

Good for paper-weight only.

What is this post, buzzby, a survey? To what end?

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Yes. Old tech, solid performer. There are those that collect, but David is correct, to what end are looking at trying to sell and see price or wanting to use it in a sub?
      Last edited by trout; 10-06-2019, 08:05 AM.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

And Yes there are those who convert/have them converted to 2.4 for that "antique" look on period surface boats-there is a market for them , but probably not on RC subs...

Comment

• buzzby
          Ensign
          • Oct 2019

i don't really know much about it.i purchased it a long time ago for a 1/8 scale hydro i built.looks antiquated compared to todays transmitters.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by buzzby
            i don't really know much about it.i purchased it a long time ago for a 1/8 scale hydro i built.looks antiquated compared to todays transmitters.
            To be fair: at the time of the Nautical Commanders introduction it was the ideal transmitter for r/c submarines -- particularly the two-stick (two-throttle) layout which lended itself to throttle-stern planes on the left side of the transmitter case. And, we have to keep this in mind, computer radios, back then, with all their taken-for-granted attributes, were just coming on the scene but were very expensive and a mystery to most of us.

You have a nice collectors item, buzzby. Like the buggy-whip, time and improvements have passed this ground-breaking piece of equipment by.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...