• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
      Vice Admiral
      • Mar 2013

Hang on there Mate. Is that multi tasking I see. You realise that as a "man of a certain age", multitasking ie. working on Webster AND a November sail, is strictly off limits to you - as far as the younger portion of the population is concerned. Get back into line, eat you soup and stop rocking the boat!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
        Hang on there Mate. Is that multi tasking I see. You realise that as a "man of a certain age", multitasking ie. working on Webster AND a November sail, is strictly off limits to you - as far as the younger portion of the population is concerned. Get back into line, eat you soup and stop rocking the boat!
        And that sage piece of advice, ladies and gentlemen, comes straight from a resident of a former British penal-colony!

Hey! … getting old ain't half bad: Bingo starts looking good, all old jokes are new to me, and my ear-hair is finally long enough to braid. Now days multi-tasking is walking and chewing gum at the same time.

So, **** you!

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Bloody revolutionaries. You have a perfectly proper British government looking after you and what do you do? Throw thier tea in the harbour????

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
            Bloody revolutionaries. You have a perfectly proper British government looking after you and what do you do? Throw thier tea in the harbour????
            And their bloody little dog, too!

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
                Captain
                • Dec 2008

Looking good Dave

Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Aug 2008

Ha!...……………..
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• DMTNT
                    Commander
                    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

David
                    Now that is a hell of a trick. Nice!
                    Dead men tell no tales...

Comment

• Aug 2008

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

David
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

David
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• QuarterMaster
                              Rear Admiral
                              • Sep 2015

I will make it down to the October 1:96 Scale Run, maybe even drag Ray. We talk in Groton to help me plan.

Then a pair of American Boomers can make a showing! 41 for Freedom!!

Here is a pair transiting the Firth of Clyde with Inverkip Power Station in the background barely seen through the haze. (we QM's loved that as a Navaid, can be seen for miles.)
                              I took this from Dunoon across the Clyde, circa 1980, height of the cold war. One heading out, and one coming in, a very active time. A very rare shot even for the time.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190414_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	382.4 KB ID:	131729

Many years later the GRANT made a showing, in 1:96 scale of course! She boasted a D&E WTC3.5 at the time, which lasted nigh on 20 years, a tribute to his engineering. Now sports a SubDriver 3" based on Dave's recommendation. The following are from 96/97........(I had hair and was skinny!) Click image for larger version  Name:	20190414_02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	540.1 KB ID:	131730
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190414_03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	546.8 KB ID:	131731
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190414_04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	535.0 KB ID:	131732
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190414_05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	565.4 KB ID:	131733

....and to the "ahem".....individual (not mentioning names but it starts with "B") who feels Russian or British boats are sexier looking than an American boat, YOU need glasses dude!! I'm not gonna believe where you're from the ladies don't have clean lines!!!!

There is no better sexier boat than one of the 41 for Freedom running on the surface!! Not just a man killer, a real Continent Killer too!

FWIW, many folk say I overdid the weathering...here are the actual dry dock photos.....taken around 1980 as well. It was over two years from a major overhaul, yet you can see the fresh paint touch up all around, the lower rudder was completely repainted.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	13-A.jpg Views:	1 Size:	450.7 KB ID:	131734
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	13-B.jpg Views:	1 Size:	446.8 KB ID:	131735
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	13-C.jpg Views:	1 Size:	462.7 KB ID:	131736
                              v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
                              NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
                              USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Aug 2008

Looking forward, Ed! Between you and me we'll make the Officer's Lake safe for Democracy!

David
                                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...