X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewnimmo
    Commander
    • Dec 2011

My official 1/72 german type xxiii build thread

i have made my choice as some of you read in my previous thread deciding between 1/35 version or the 1/72. Due to size and over cost ive chosen the smaller scale. This build will take time as i have to save up funds for each part. In about 4 months ill be purchasing the custom static diving unit 1.25" from sub-driver. But below is my alanger model that just came in the mail!

... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Alright then Mathew, then let the "Games" begin
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• matthewnimmo
      Commander
      • Dec 2011

So, I received my wfly 8 channel receiver this week and i have my model. The month of April ill be putting back 100 bucks to save up for my SD. While i wait i guess i could start some work on the model. The inside of this thing is pretty much empty. So a couple questions

1). Is it best to start working out the linkages now before i glue the two halves together? Im assuming even with this small scale i glue the model together and cut the top off like we normally would see in the Bronco build?

2). Any thoughts or better suggestions on where to start while i wait for my SD?
      ... a computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me with kickboxing!!

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

I, and others, have builds post here. Check those out.. You have plenty you can do before getting the SD.
        Peace,
        Tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• matthewnimmo
          Commander
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by trout
          I, and others, have builds post here. Check those out.. You have plenty you can do before getting the SD.
          Peace,
          Tom
          Cool! Same model and scale? Ill do some digging

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Although ours are for the larger version, I can imagine they are very similar in core build.
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by matthewnimmo
              So, I received my wfly 8 channel receiver this week and i have my model. The month of April ill be putting back 100 bucks to save up for my SD. While i wait i guess i could start some work on the model. The inside of this thing is pretty much empty. So a couple questions

1). Is it best to start working out the linkages now before i glue the two halves together? Im assuming even with this small scale i glue the model together and cut the top off like we normally would see in the Bronco build?

2). Any thoughts or better suggestions on where to start while i wait for my SD?
              Just as you described: glue that sucker together then cut it in half equatorially. Wait till the SD gets there to work out the running gear and linkages.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

I've started in on the two SD's for the 1/72 Type-23. Tonight I'll glue the two halves together and later in the week cut the hull equatorally. Follow along at home, Matthew.

A little bit of scale for you:

A rough of the wiring involved and the devices:

The SD will eventually look something like this:

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

I've started in on the two SD's for the 1/72 Type-23. Tonight I'll glue the two halves together and later in the week cut the hull equatorally. Follow along at home, Matthew.

A little bit of scale for you:

A rough of the wiring involved and the devices:

The SD will eventually look something like this:

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• matthewnimmo
                    Commander
                    • Dec 2011

Hey David. Thanks for posting this up! I plan on glueing this guy together soon and stage my cut

Comment

Working...