X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddevil
    Commander
    • Jun 2009

Trumpeter 1/48 vii c

I think we have here a new milestone in submarine modelling, A new stage after 1/72 REVELL VII C. Due to her dimensions, I think it'll be much more easier to RC it that its 1/72 predecessor, but haven't heard anything about her in the forum and as I'm making a deciscion between 1/35 ITALERI SCHNELL BOOTE and this new girl, would be of aid some guidance and opinions from other people.
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

I have read about it, I do not remember where, maybe Bob posted about it. I hear it is a gorgeous kit and itching to be RC'd.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Yes. Bob did a YouTube video on it
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• type7
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Apr 2009

Yes, Bob has info on it. The Arkmodel Type VII is a much better choice for R/C. The Trumpeter is the best choice for display.

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Why is the Arkmodel a much better choice for RC?
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

From what Bob says and from what I have seen, the Arkmodel is designed for RC. The Trumpeter is not. Besides , the Trumpeter is made half clear and none of the deck or the scupper holes are opened up.
            Last edited by greenman407; 11-15-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Comment

• reddevil
                Commander
                • Jun 2009

Got it. My point is that after the problema with "that man" regarding the 1/72 KILO, and some of the infos about ARKMODEL in various fórums, I'm not very inclined about ordering a kit at a place as near to me as China is.

Comment

• Kazzer
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by reddevil
                  Got it. My point is that after the problema with "that man" regarding the 1/72 KILO, and some of the infos about ARKMODEL in various fórums, I'm not very inclined about ordering a kit at a place as near to me as China is.
                  I think you'll find Bob Martin is ordering these from Arkmodel, so he's taking all the liability of their poor delivery history. Your risk is considerably reduced.
                  Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                    Welcome to my underwater realm!
                    • Aug 2009

Understood, and that's why I made the choice to invest in holding inventory down here in Florida at my shop. I've got two left in inventory right now, ready to ship immediately.

The Arkmodel kits are definitely the way to go for an R/C boat. They were designed from the outset for practical operation. All of your control bushings are cast in place. Assembly is exceptionally easy and straightforward. The instructions are surprisingly detailed and easy to follow. All of your scuppers and deck are opened up already. The hatches are practical and operational. The hull is also a really tough and durable plastic that takes standard cement well. It's definitely a more robust hull than the Trumpeter kit.

The Trumpeter kit's advantage is the wonderfully detailed interior. Comparing it for R/C is a no-brainer, as you'll need to open up hundreds of deck slots and scuppers, and the deck hatches are cast in place and non-functional. It may be truer from an accuracy perspective, but the difference is negligible in my opinion.

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

That makes sense as to why it is a better choice. Thank you!

Comment

• reddevil
                        Commander
                        • Jun 2009

So, What do I have to do to order one from Bob? What will be the price (adding shippping to Spain)

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                          Welcome to my underwater realm!
                          • Aug 2009

Shoot me an email to sales@nautilusdrydocks.Com with your shipping address and I'll work up a delivered price for you. If that looks good, I'll send an invoice over and we'll get it on its way to you!

That would pretty well take care of all of my Ark model inventory. I'll have to reorder today...

Comment

• reddevil
                            Commander
                            • Jun 2009

Got it. For the moment I'm going to wait, cause passed through a surgery last Friday and will be out fo order for some weeks. Thank you very much.

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Reddevil, sorry to hear that about the surgery. Hope you get up and at um soon.

Comment

Working...