X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by redboat219
    Any photos or videos?
    How about you... got any photos or videos of your work to share?

... anything?

David
    Provocateur Extraordinaire

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Sorry, no....

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Any photos or videos?

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    It works.....I run it from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I use a peristaltic pump to pump water in and out the ballast tank. So the snorkel's only job would have been leveling inside and outside pressure in case I accidentally keep the pump on too long and not only drain the water from the ballast tank but also air from the WTC, thereby creating a vacuum.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Originally posted by DrSchmidt
    Actually I removed the snorkel. It's easy to see when the ballast tank is empty and to stopp the pump in time.

Cheers Andreas
    Oh. Was hoping to get some feedback from you if it prevents ingress of water into the WTC. I have one of those mini air pumps I took out of a broken digital sphygmomanometer that I want to try and use as a low pressure blower, unfortunately it only has the outlet nipple. No visible intake port to attach the snorkel induction tube. Plan is to attach the snorkel intake with float valve directly to the wtc then let the airpump suck the air inside the wtc to blow the ballast tank, something like on a real submarine.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Actually I removed the snorkel. It's easy to see when the ballast tank is empty and to stopp the pump in time.

Cheers Andreas

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    I've been lazy, but finally I made some final adjustments. As mentioned above, I have added one of David's excellent snorkel valves to the WTC to avoid the creation of a vacuum by the peristaltic pump. I've added a guide rod to the flaot of the valve to dial in its position. Next is trimming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Neptun-1.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	148910

Name:	Neptun-2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	148911

Hello,
    I just want to ask you if you , did you put any water catcher under your snorkel to catch any stray water droplets that could get sucked in through the induction pipe?

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    I've been lazy, but finally I made some final adjustments. As mentioned above, I have added one of David's excellent snorkel valves to the WTC to avoid the creation of a vacuum by the peristaltic pump. I've added a guide rod to the flaot of the valve to dial in its position. Next is trimming.

Name:	Neptun-1.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	148910

Name:	Neptun-2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	148911

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Yes, the pump vents into the WTC, but: Peristaltic pumps also pump air. If you empty the ballast tank long enough, i.e. too long, the pump will create a vacuum in the WTC. To avoid the vacuum, I've attached a snorkel valve on the WTC that equillizes the pressure between inside and outside when surfaced.

Leave a comment:

• redboat219
    replied
    Any photos?

Wait, a snorkel valve? I thought this uses a peristaltic pump that fills and empties a tank that vents into the WTC?
    Last edited by redboat219; 12-29-2020, 06:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    The WTC and the diving system are working fine. I added a snorkel valve and I just need to add a guidance for the float of the valve. Then everything is ready for trimming.

Leave a comment:

• DrSchmidt
    replied
    Started printing parts for my version as well. But I doubt that it'll work right away. Might need some iterations....

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Good news, WTC is water tight and the ballast system works fine! Just the snorkel missing and then trimming.
    Gotta get those off to you -- long ago promised, but life got in the way. This week, I promise.

David

Leave a comment:

Working...