Blueback. Seriously it is a Blueback this time.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSN687
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2015

I’m starting to put the WTC together. The 2.5 inch WTC sure is a small space to get all the electrical items into, like putting 25 lbs of stuffing in a 15 lbs turkey.
    Looking ahead, I need to go out and purchase some items today, foam and lead.
    Just to know if I'm in the ball park or not when I start trimming my Blueback:
    About how much foam did you use?
    About how much lead did you use?
    Another delay, I forgot to charge the radio, duh, need to see what radio switch is associated with what channel, first time I have does this.

Thanks
    Ernie

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

About 1.5 lbs. Before you install the lead, find the amount of foam needed to make that lead neutrally buoyant, then cut up the foam and rubber-band it to the outside of the hull when you work out submerged trim.

Establishing submerged trim: Place the lead down into the hull so that the dry and fully assembled and SD equipped model balances at the center of the ballast tank. RTV the lead weights to the bottom of the hull (from the inside ... duh!). Rubber band all that foam you worked out to the outside of the hull.

Establishing submerged trim: Then dunk the sucker with flooded ballast tank and position the foam longitudinally (adding/subtracting foam as required) till the boat sits with just the top of the sail above water and the boat stable on a zero-bubble pitch angle. Then work out your surfaced trim by blowing the tank dry and moving foam vertically, as required, to get the boat to sit at the designed water line.

Jeezus H Christ! ..... do I have to spoon feed you bums still!?????

You people!

First run of the first assembled kit from the recently purchased Small World Models r/c submarine tooling. This (still in primer-gray) 1/96 BLUEBACK is seen ...

M
      Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 05-23-2016, 12:48 PM.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Good info Mr. Dave
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Don't feel like you're being picked on Ernie. He talks to all of us like that. Its just one of those quirks that ARTISTS sometimes have. I'm just reaching for my tin hat - errr kevlar hat that is. Should be here somewhere; and the body armour too. Ah, that's better.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
            Don't feel like you're being picked on Ernie. He talks to all of us like that. Its just one of those quirks that ARTISTS sometimes have. I'm just reaching for my tin hat - errr kevlar hat that is. Should be here somewhere; and the body armour too. Ah, that's better.

​(we need to talk)

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SSN687
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Nov 2015

HardRock
              Thanks for your words. I was a baby nuke during new construction about a million years ago. On usta boat the A Gangers and Torpedo Division where all old DBF sailors. No one could do anything correctly in their eyes, nukes and especially baby nukes. I have been dog cussed, crossed examined, and chewed out by the best and survived. So I did develop some thick skin when it came to interactions with these guys.

David
              thanks for the information also

Comment

Working...