Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xken1962
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2010

FWJEFF, the tires for the T were made from wood. If you wish to cast rubber tires then follow this link to what you need to use. http://www.micromark.com/TCR-40-TIRE...2-LB,8300.html
    You will still need to make a master pattern and mold to cast into. If you are just making two try the wood route and paint with satin black. Here are a couple of images of the T tires.

Ken
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Model T Tire build 05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	58759
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Model T Tire Tread closeup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	58758

Comment

• fwjeff
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jul 2009

Thanks Ken, that is perfect! I like the suggestion of the satin black to seal the mold also, it would give a much better surface than the gloss polyurethane I used on my last molds.
      Jeff

Comment

• xken1962
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Apr 2010

Jeff, How did you make out making the tires? Any progress.... if so how about an update with pictures?

Ken

Comment

• xken1962
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Apr 2010

To all who enjoy cars. If you live within driving distance of North Canton, Ohio plan to visit this Sunday 19th the best regional car show around. Visit www.glenmoorgathering.com for details. We will also have a model exhibition by invitation only of some of the best models built in the country including 1/4 scale working V-8 car engines. I will be showing the Model T there.

Enjoy!

Ken

Comment

• xken1962
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Apr 2010

Glenmoor was great

To say the least Glenmoor was great for the modeler's that displayed there. Visitors were awestruck by what they saw in models. I was fortunate to be awarded Best in Class for 100% Scratch Built. If you can plan to go next year; see the above link for time and dates.

Ken

Comment

Working...