alad61 - Italeri's PT-109 to an RC model....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Struth! Please tell me you documented the painting. As David pointed out the subtle shades and weathering really make this boat come alive! A beauty.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• alad61
      Commander
      • Jan 2012

Thanks guys.

David I am running a tio 30amp mtroniks marine speed controller. For painting I used three basic greens for the hull and fittings. Tom in post 10 I give a bullet point list of how I painted it but if it helps I can put together a more comprehensive chronicle of what I did.
      Cheers,
      Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
      But to dream is a reality

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I ask because there is a 'history' of their Marine-10 ESC's exploding.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Anuci
          Banned
          • Aug 2008

I apologize for not commenting sooner, however, you've certainly did a nice job with the overall conversion of this classic model.
          To add, you've done a fine job documenting all your efforts, despite the long hours spent at your employment. Congrats! & Good Luck in the build competition.

Al,

Comment

• alad61
            Commander
            • Jan 2012

Thanks Al and apologies in return for not replying sooner. Doing a conversion of the bat rather than something that was already done and parts supplied e.g David's conversion sets such as the Bronco and Revel kits, is both educational and a somewhat "entertaining" experience.
            Cheers,
            Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
            But to dream is a reality

Comment

Working...