Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

fun-run at the local JCC pool

The Elite Fleets first group run of the year. Enjoy!

The first annual Elite Fleet get-together and fun-run at the local JCC. A great venue, and excellent cooperation between staff and the club. We had a ball! T...

David
    Who is John Galt?
  • Rick Teskey
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2009

Looks like a great place too run.
    Shame the video ended as the 8 window got under way.
    Are you using the refit kit and cylinder from the fs-1 version?
    You still need too do the small fs1 and Proteus

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Yes ended too soon, but it does look like a fun venue!
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
        Looks like a great place too run.
        Shame the video ended as the 8 window got under way.
        Are you using the refit kit and cylinder from the fs-1 version?
        You still need too do the small fs1 and Proteus
        Long versions of the SEAVIEW and BLUEBACK u/w shots are on YouTube as well. Yes, the movie SEAVIEW is using everything from the fittings kit but the bow planes.

Readers will find it interesting that Rick Teskey was partially responsible for the correct shape of the movie SEAVIEW kit offered by Moebius -- Rick is one of 'the guy's who are expert in all things about the movie and TV show.

Time permitting I will get to the Moebius FS-1 and PROTEUS. I still have the big PROTEUS GRP kit produced back in the day -- one of these days!
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Pod seems to be working well. Nice pool to play in.

Did the camera get pushed back in the housing to cause the vignetting on the later shots?

Still rocking that date/time stamp, can you not switch it off?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
            Pod seems to be working well. Nice pool to play in.

Did the camera get pushed back in the housing to cause the vignetting on the later shots?

Still rocking that date/time stamp, can you not switch it off?
            You get the majority of the blame for how well that 'pod' tracks through the water -- your little tear-drop shaped watertight camera housing is so slick in the water all it needed was a tail-feather to keep it pointed in the direction of flow.

Yeah, as the day wore on I got fatigued enough not to pay attention to what I was doing and let the lens of the camera fall back a ways in the pod to capture the lens surroundings of your pod. Ugh!

And I just can't figure out how to dump that date-time stamp. Computers and me have an adversarial relationship!

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

I am 99% sure the cams you have are 'mate808' version. The files are mjpeg codec. This produces larger files than H264 codec, but easier on the processor and a bit easier to edit, esepcially on older computers.

Anyway, there is a small program available that makes changing settings a snap, even if computers aren't your bag. Direct link, save the file and install on your windows based pc.

http://www.2kool4u.com/Mate_808_2017...17.application

An explanation of the settings and what they do- fairly self explanatory.

Comment

Working...