X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MFR1964
    Detail Nut of the First Order
    • Sep 2010

And now something different

Besides building submarines i like to drive my racingbike, it's hiding the fact i'm a old fart!!!, for now the bike of She Who Must Be Obeyed is being serviced, had to take out the guts and petroltank, fuelpump is down and all rubber hoses are being solid, hmmmm, i wonder why, it has been standing still for more than a year, not good!!, have to order new parts before this green kitten can purr again.

Manfred.
    I went underground
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You wild-man, you!
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
      • Sep 2010

Oh Dear, now i have to die my hair and getting some tattoes, at least you know where my mechanical skills come from, my father teached me that a a young age, by ripping apart light bikes, and putting them together without having bolts and nuts for spare.

Manfred.
      I went underground

Comment

• vital.spark
        Commander
        • May 2010

From a fellow biker, Great! I's the best way to blow away the cob webs! I've paid visits to both David and Mike while touring the U.S. on my 2007 Harley Elctraglide. from 2007 to 2011 did 3 3/4 round trips from East Coast to West Coast return. Total of 63,000 miles but sadly I sold her in Nov. of 2011. Now all I have is a 1960 BMW R60 here in Hong Kong.

Comment

• MFR1964
          • Sep 2010

Great, A friend of mine is restauring a older model BMW, have to ask which type, me like japanese stuff.<br />
          Went during the summertime vacations all over Europe with a group of fellow bikers, we miss the mountains here in holland, fun to steer over those mountain roads.<br />
          Had some bad accidents, but still enjoying to ride, next week the new parts will arrive to make her bike run, i'll make a vid about that.<br />
          For now charging the fleet for the event next monday, will also be covered by a vid and pictures.<br />
          <br />
          Manfred.
          I went underground

Comment

• MFR1964
            • Sep 2010

Next step into the adventure, the bike of She Who Must Be Obeyed runs again, solved that by taking apart the carborettors, cleaning all fuel-jets, the gas/air mixing needles, and floatchambers, the fuel-jets were clocked badly, by using a big amount carb-cleaner i got them open again.
            Best lesson learned, never let your bike stand still for too long, the stuff they add these days into the petrol will clock your stuff, yet again another video of the progress, enjoy the sound of a purring kitten, and enjoy the inner gutts of my bike.

Manfred.
            I went underground

Comment

• MFR1964
              • Sep 2010

Somehow i had forgotten to place the last vid about my bike, enjoy

And yes, i do like loud exhaust-systems.

Manfred.

P.S. Updates about the Ko-Hyoteki will follow soon at my thread, i've done a lot last few months on the type VII, and returned my attention back to the Japanese sub.
              I went underground

Comment

• Albion
                Captain
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
                Oh Dear, now i have to die my hair and getting some tattoes, at least you know where my mechanical skills come from, my father teached me that a a young age, by ripping apart light bikes, and putting them together without having bolts and nuts for spare.

Manfred.
                We went to a charity event here in Singapore a few years ago, and the local Hog chapter were giving rides round the block. These were all born again biker types, mostly with management or financial careers and as such not fitting the HOG image. But from a distance they looked a serious bunch of dudes, wasnt until i got up close that i realised they were wearing skin colour long sleeve t shirts with fake Tattoo 's down the sleeves, (shakes head)
                Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• MFR1964
                  • Sep 2010

No tattoos for me either, i drive racingbikes, allthough we are a different breed we do wave at each other when we meet on the road, got my first second hand racingbike in 1992, and now have ended up with those two green kittens.

Manfred.
                  I went underground

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Im glad you dont go in for the "Evil Knievel" stuff. You cant build model submarines or Hot Rod bikes with broken bones bed-ridden in "Traction" Mr. Manfred.
                    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...