X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MFR1964
    Detail Nut of the First Order
    • Sep 2010

DFS 40

During the healing of my right leg i went back to static building, i managed to get a DFS 40 model, which was on my bucketlist anyway, and tried to make it as scale accurate as possible, enjoy the vid

Last edited by MFR1964; 12-24-2015, 04:05 PM. Reason: idiot, wrong leg!!!
    I went underground
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

What a little beauty, Manfred.

More!....

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Manfred,
      Very nice. Share, if you would, the aluminum covering. Is it a self sticking type or did you use plain aluminum and bind it yourself?
      Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• MFR1964
        • Sep 2010

David,

This was the testbed for the Messerschmitt Me 163, used for testing the one wingconcept designed by Alexander Lippisch, still working on a other plane, for now covered by styrodure dust, she has to wait to be finished.

Tom,

It's self sticking tape, only the thickness is more as the regular aluminum tape, got this stuff from the aircraftindustry, i was a aircraft electrician in the past and nicked some tape, they used it to patch up holes in the plane before they make a proper repair, this stuff still sticks at 900 km/u !!!!!

Manfred.
        I went underground

Comment

• bwi 971
          Captain
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by MFR1964

This was the testbed for the Messerschmitt Me 163, used for testing the one wingconcept designed by Alexander Lippisch, still working on a other plane, for now covered by styrodure dust, she has to wait to be finished.
          Wonderful work Manfred!!

Originally posted by MFR1964

this stuff still sticks at 900 km/u !!!!!
          That is probably why it’s called "speed tape" (looked that up out of interest, didn’t know it existed).

Grtz,
          Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
          "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• MFR1964
            • Sep 2010

Bart,

You're right, we called that stuff highspeed tape at the aircraftfactory, totally forgotten about that, the other plane that i'm building is the Messerschmitt 163C, a two chamber rocketplane, they intended to get more flyingtime instead of the 5 minutes they had.

Manfred.
            I went underground

Comment

Working...