Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monahan Steam Models
    Captain
    • Apr 2020

Some more details added to the tail section. Still more to add. The width of the fins had to be fudged a bit to be wider than scale since this is a not a static display model. Scale would have put the fin width around .003-.004”

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
      Captain
      • Apr 2020

Sorry for the lack of updates on the development. Work has been crazy lately and it has been difficult getting the raw materials that I have ordered weeks ago delivered. Here’s a couple pictures of the newly made tail sections with some finer details added.

Machined a bunch of new miniature mechanical parts for the latest version of the counter rotating prop internal main chassis. Hoping to get some Testing along with some pictures and video soon once I get the chance. Newest design will be testing a new motor, an updated counter rotating transmission with the new detailed tail cone, along with accurate scale 2 blade props and a smaller LiPo battery
      Attached Files

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
        Captain
        • Apr 2020

From what I’m seeing on this topic some previous posts are no longer showing up. Maybe a glitch in the forum software or were they removed by the the original poster? Weird.

Comment

• Bob Gato
          Captain
          • Feb 2019

Hey, nick...what I see at my end is that your post #78 is on page 6 of the thread-In the lower right of your post's window is a page selector (its says previous) ...if you either click on a page in the box or just type in the page you want-it all is still there(you are only seeing one page of 6 total)-BG

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
            Captain
            • Apr 2020

Thanks BG, I’m seeing all 6 pages. It looks like David’s post are the ones that are no longer included from what I can see on my end. Bummer, I really respected his input

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
              Captain
              • Apr 2020

The quest to build the perfect running scale torpedo is hard. After months of screwing around with building, testing new parts, more design work then more testing. And even more testing. Followed by searching for components, then waiting for them to show up only to have gotten past the need for those parts because of serious changes in design. I have to say I’ve gone bat crap crazy perfecting these damn things but I’m closer then ever and pretty much there but now just want to say screw it I’m close enough and I am seriously over it.

Comment

• Bob Gato
                Captain
                • Feb 2019

Hey Nick-I see all from page 1 post 1 to page 6 post 81...consecutively all accounted for? could you mean these posts: https://forum.rc-sub.com/forum/torpe...edo-production from the Torpedo topic on home page?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

Thanks for digging those out, Bob.
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                    Captain
                    • Apr 2020

BG, I’m seeing the same pages 1-6 and 83 consecutive posts. Maybe there is something screwy going on with the forum software but there was more posts originally. From what I can tell, there was a post between what is now 44-45, another between 63-64. There was another between posts 22-23. Go back to post 34 I think it is. David has added technical wisdom when it came to prop walk. A reply you made quotes his post but his original post no longer shows up but the post numbers are consecutive.

David, I have huge respect for your work, knowledge, talents and everything you have contributed to the world of model subs . I hope I have not ruffled any feathers trying to figure out what is going on with the posts in this forum. If I have, then I apologize. That was never my intention.

Nick
                    Last edited by Monahan Steam Models; 09-05-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
                      BG, I’m seeing the same pages 1-6 and 83 consecutive posts. Maybe there is something screwy going on with the forum software but there was more posts originally. From what I can tell, there was a post between what is now 44-45, another between 63-64. There was another between posts 22-23. Go back to post 34 I think it is. David has added technical wisdom when it came to prop walk. A reply you made quotes his post but his original post no longer shows up but the post numbers are consecutive.

David, I have huge respect for your work, knowledge, talents and everything you have contributed to the world of model subs . I hope I have not ruffled any feathers trying to figure out what is going on with the posts in this forum. If I have, then I apologize. That was never my intention.

Nick
                      No offense taken at all, sir. I'm in fact most flattered that a Craftsman of your demonstrated skills and accomplishments would regard my work useful. You brighten my day. Guys like you and me advance the Craft, Nick -- an obligation all Masters assume once they have availed themselves of the knowledge imparted by those who taught them. Keep the ball in play, sir. Our view is wide and clear only because today we stand on the shoulders of the Masters who came before us.

As you endeavor to unearth my previous writings, and hit the occasion brick-wall, don't hesitate for clarification on any point you think I can help you with -- I have hard-drives chock full of photos at hand.

David
                      humbled, for a change
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                        Captain
                        • Apr 2020

David, Your work and contributions are huge and very helpful to many! Your writings and sharing of your work have been very helpful to me! I am very relieved that I have not offended you. Speaking of Masters, I’ve lingered around this submarine hobby for many years and one of the great Masters that has been a constant over all those years has been you sir. Getting your input and feedback on this topic has been a treat so I was extra bummed to see that your past writings on this thread had been lost.

I’m humbled by your kind words and even more so to be considered a Craftsman by someone of your tremendous talent and track record of achievements

Nick

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
                          David, Your work and contributions are huge and very helpful to many! Your writings and sharing of your work have been very helpful to me! I am very relieved that I have not offended you. Speaking of Masters, I’ve lingered around this submarine hobby for many years and one of the great Masters that has been a constant over all those years has been you sir. Getting your input and feedback on this topic has been a treat so I was extra bummed to see that your past writings on this thread had been lost.

I’m humbled by your kind words and even more so to be considered a Craftsman by someone of your tremendous talent and track record of achievements

Nick
                          OK, OK... enough! Before we have to buy each other an Engagement ring, lets get on with the task at hand: what's the status of your torpedo work as of today?
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2020

Hahahaha! What size ring are ya?!

The only thing I got done today was changing dirty diapers and getting stuff done around the house. I’ll try to get something about the torpedo progress posted tomorrow after my father in-laws restored WW2 jeep is dropped off here and unloaded to be stored in my shop for the winter.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Monahan Steam Models; 09-05-2020, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
                              Captain
                              • Apr 2020

Quick update

Edit: I added a description to each photo but when viewing on a mobile device the full description is not visible. What is the best method for uploading photos to this forum? I’ve run out of curse words trying to sort it out myself
                              Last edited by Monahan Steam Models; 09-08-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• coryhenry
                                Lieutenant Commander
                                • Jul 2020

Very nice, any trials yet?

Comment

Working...