X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Sub Lettering/Markings

Have you ever looked at a really beautifully built and painted Sub, such as the ones that "He Who Shall Not Be Named" (D.Merriman) create so beautifully, and wonder "where the hell do I get the amazing markings that are on there subs???!!.
    Well, here is the answer:

These markings are easy to apply, and really add to the look of any sub model.

For more info, and tips on painting your model, take a look at Mr. Merrimans posting in this forumn. His subs are truly a thing of beauty.
    Kim

Sent:

A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kim Sleep
    Have you ever looked at a really beautifully built and painted Sub, such as the ones that "He Who Shall Not Be Named" (D.Merriman) create so beautifully, and wonder "where the hell do I get the amazing markings that are on there subs???!!.
    Well, here is the answer:

These markings are easy to apply, and really add to the look of any sub model.

For more info, and tips on painting your model, take a look at Mr. Merrimans posting in this forumn. His subs are truly a thing of beauty.
    Kim

Sent:

Awerrr ... shucks! (shyly sliding toe through sand)

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ffr2608
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Oct 2009

Here's my take.....If you are unable to find what you need with the Woodland stuff, for about the same price, you can have vinyl decals cut and used for paint masks. Lightly airbrush over them and the finish is flat and flawless. If you don't want to pay someone to do it, vinyl cutters are getting pretty cheap these days......

Comment

• Albion
        Captain
        • Dec 2008

You can also get sheets of print your own decals , which are the rub on type. Will try and post my rising sun flag one later. Mine reacted slightly to the final clear coat, however the result was suitably distressed amd weathered that I left it as is , some times you get lucky
        Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Albion
          Captain
          • Dec 2008

Painted a white rectangle on sail, same size as my transfer
          Attached Files
          Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Kim Sleep
            Commander
            • Nov 2013

Actually, that turned out pretty cool looking
            A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!

Comment

Working...