X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

how it all fits

So i haven't died and the satlite440 build thread will be starting up again, but a post i read about what you need to outfit a s/d or sub was something i slowly understood after a year or so of lurking.
    The biggest challenge in my opinion so far was assembling the engine room.. so i though i would post this here. if it needs to be moved to another category thats fine too...as a mentor/instructor to a gm a.s.e.p. student i am reminded almost every day how much commonsense little things i know about my trade that my apprentice does not know..
    and also reminded everyday these things are not covered in tec school or anywhere else.
    this includes the dark art of wiring in things.routing things, and how it all fits together and still slides in the s/d and seals. So after several attempts before i found out the esc was bunked (great shout out to david for excellent product and tec support) i had too strip down the equipment tray to wire in a new esc, since i was at it i decided to put in the fuse i read about in eather the seaview s/d or the 3.5 inch s/d while i was there... for those who want to know the fuse is out of a 2011 gmc acadia underhood fuseblock..very small.. so after much thought and serching i found out there was a lack of pic's of assembled trays or how things are done(as i am doing now with the vIIc for the control rods trying to stop the vidio of david showing the vIIc conversion vidio) and figgured i would start this so maby others would be so kind as to unpack your s/d equipment trays and take some good pic's of it and how you did it with any special notes.. so beginners and people thinking about trying this out can get a better idea of how it's done

i will go 1st

so 1st went esc & micro fuse..i put it in the back between the motors and esc, so in theory i would only loose propulsion in the event of it popping and still have everything else working..the insulators in the tray to the motor were probably overkill but better safe than sorry

then came the rx since i have the lepton6 and it has a crystal that sticks up i had to flip it upside down and notch the tray for it to go through,then bow/rudder/stern servo leads were run on one side and the esc on the other.

then came the adf2 then lipogard and routing

then came lpb and routing...

also if anyone see's something i missed or overlooked please sound off. i make my share of mistakes and don't hurt when somebody tells me. i learn and move on.

.Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	102125Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 002.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	102126Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	102127Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 004.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	102128Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 005.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	102129Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 006.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	102130Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 007.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	102131Click image for larger version

Name:	xmas 008.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	102132
    Last edited by Kazzer; 01-04-2013, 10:41 AM. Reason: sp
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 011.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	75561Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 012.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	75562Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 013.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	75563Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 014.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	75564Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 007.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	75565Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 008.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	75566Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 009.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	75567Click image for larger version

Name:	u-820 pressure hull 010.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	75568and wouldn't you know i got so wraped up putting it together i forgot to take pics of the lipogard on but have the finished item here..also most of the s/d picks i see are hard to ick out detail due to light reflecting of the curved surface and flash.
    i also had to change out the s/d's origonal wire to silicone spagetti wire as the other wire was to hard for me to work with..and there is alot to be said for extra wire to loop for connecters. in the engine room i used 2mm gold bullet connecters and shrinkwraped them over as they are only for extensive service..

Comment

• Rossn
      Ensign
      • Sep 2011

Thanks for the pictures and info. I have been trying to figure out how to make everything fit in such a small area. It is still tight but can get it all in now. I have been working on my type VII for a long time but can finally see that it might soon see water with all the great help from people that take the time to post their information on this forum. Thanks to all.

Comment

• satlite440
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jul 2012

not a problem,stalled now,gotta get a new mission switch the back to fitting the s/d to the hull,also been busy with building a new bed/dressercombo,starting a r/c hellen kit with my youngest boy&girl 7&10 and work and rabbitholes..but still shooting for a march/april launch.god willing and the water don't rise....gald to be of service...but i am still a newbie who still figureing it out like you.

Comment

Working...