Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Copier scale convertor

Ever need a drawing in the exact scale? Drawings are most effective when printed in the exact scale of the item you need.

COPIER SCALE CONVERTOR
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
    Ever need a drawing in the exact scale? Drawings are most effective when printed in the exact scale of the item you need.

COPIER SCALE CONVERTOR
    Mike that's a good find.
    I have to say that I find scale calculations, particularly for changing plan sizes via a photocopier pretty easy. And its was with some skepticism that I saw this thread. Initial thoughts were "can't people use a simple calculator and apply what they learned in elementary school!!!" That said - that website does offer an easy input / output process. But bottom line is -if you're the sort of person who measures twice or thrice and cuts once, (read ME), you'll probably want to do your own calcs step by step and check and recheck the calculations.

Biggest problem people have with photocopied enlargements or reductions of plans is quite a lot of the larger copiers that use roller input for large pieces of paper (like plans), tends to have a degree of image stretching or in some-cases compression. A cruise ship project I worked on involved enlarging plans from 1/100 to 1/80 - a straight forward enlargement of exactly 25% or in copier parlance - making the copy 125% the size of the original. Good thing I took the tape measure to the shop. The enlarged plans should have yielded a ship being exactly 1.8m long - the copier produced a length of 1.86m or more than 2" longer. The frame copies were done via a normal copier with A3 capacity - these enlargements were correct. Had I not checked this at the shop, the ship would have been not only out of scale on length but her beam to length ratio would have been well out of whack. In the end through a couple of copies of the main plans the 125% ratio for the machine had to drop down to 122% to get it right.

J
    Last edited by Kazzer; 12-19-2012, 07:34 AM.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...