How to find futaba 75mhz receivers on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinksalot
    Commander
    • Mar 2020

How to find futaba 75mhz receivers on ebay.

Ok you all know to simply search 75mhz on ebay, that's not what I am talking about. A lot of the futaba 75mhz receivers listed on ebay the seller thinks its a 72mhz or just says futaba receiver in their listing. So look thru the 72mhz listing.

Here is what you do, look at the pictures more closely to see if you see the model numbers. Also if you see a picture of the back of the receiver or transmitter, look to see if the number 75 is after the model number on the back or on the label in the front. Here are a few examples on how a 75mhz receiver or transmitter label would look like.

Hope this helps

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3384 60.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	166294
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3385 60.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.8 KB ID:	166295
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3386 60.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	166296
    Last edited by Sinksalot; 11-01-2022, 08:08 PM.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

This little nugget of info is pure GOLD. Thank you so much.

In the immortal words of Wilma Flintstone, "CHAAARGE IT!"

David
    Still in the Hunt
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Sinksalot
      Commander
      • Mar 2020

In the 3 pictures all the sellers listed them as 72mhz. However when I saw the 75 at the end of the model number I knew they were 75mhz and all had 75mhz crystals in them when I got them.

Comment

• Schmitty1944
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Mar 2021

This is very good advice. Futaba PCM's are my favorite radios for submarines. They are hard to find in 75mhz but can still be had cheap if you really pay attention. Some of the older radios still go for a lot of money. Is it only model submarine guys that want them? Are there other niche markets for the older lower frequency radios?

Jason

Comment

• Sinksalot
          Commander
          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Schmitty1944
          This is very good advice. Futaba PCM's are my favorite radios for submarines. They are hard to find in 75mhz but can still be had cheap if you really pay attention. Some of the older radios still go for a lot of money. Is it only model submarine guys that want them? Are there other niche markets for the older lower frequency radios?

Jason
          Well for 75mhz its sub people who are the cause of the high prices. Even for me finding new old stock can cost alot so I can put new sets together. getting a new 8 or 9 channel receiver $150, getting a new 9 channel transmitter from Germany $300, new 75mhz module for the transmitter $100, new battery $25, finding and buying new futaba dual conversion crystal very hard . That doesn't include using a reshipper in Germany or the cost of shipping to the US.for all the stuff. I told people the high cost, but still they wanted them and I kept buying them for people.

Comment

Working...