X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardRock
    Vice Admiral
    • Mar 2013

El Jig a Jig

I already spent far too many hours building bent submarines so the time has come to make a decent jig. This is it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1587.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	522.9 KB
ID:	123119

It is made from a piece of 18 ply board ($20.00 worth); a few bolts and screws and, most importantly, a dividing head (that came from my mill). The dividing head is bolted to an end plate and can be rotated through 360 deg with great precision. The other end is a brace with a 3mm bearing fitted in it. Its adjustable along the length of the board to accomodate different length projects. The idea is that I will skewer the submarine plug on a 3MM rod and mount it in the jig. Once that's done its fixed relative to the base of the jig and I can then use the NEW WATER LINE MARKER that I just bought for 19 bucks to lay down straight lines upon it! Hurrah.

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	524.7 KB
ID:	123120
  • HardRock
    Vice Admiral
    • Mar 2013

Please blame Bart for this. I stole the idea from him.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Bart is a disturbing influence. Great looking tool. So, is there a 1/96 ALFA in our respective futures, Scott? The re-purposed dividing-head with break is genius.

I hate you!

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
        Vice Admiral
        • Mar 2013

Yep, that Bart has a LOT to answer for. Not sure what comes next - depends on availability of good plans.

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

You all are amazing to me.....I just slosh through this stuff and I get inspired by you all.
          Peace,
          Tom
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• HardRock
            Vice Admiral
            • Mar 2013

Thanks Tom. Hope you are keeing well. As I said earlier - you have to blame Bart; its all his fault - no matter what IT is.

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

I ment to add this earlier. Waterline marking tool available from these guys: https://www.bnamodelworld.com/hobby-...c9a3f3abb6b46a

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HardRock
                I ment to add this earlier. Waterline marking tool available from these guys: https://www.bnamodelworld.com/hobby-...c9a3f3abb6b46a
                Oh, for Christ's sake! We are builders, not buyers!!!!!

Name:	DSCF4344.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	123140

David
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...