Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

I've been trying a new CAD program

I've always wanted to tinker with these programs, but as I lack patience, I found many of the ones I've tried to be most frustrating. However, I've been tinkering with 123D Design and thanks to some wonderful videos here, I've found the learning curve to be quite pleasant.. Not too much swearing or throwing things around unlike previous attempts.

I've nothing much to show yet, except that today I learned to loft and actually made something that looked like a submarine (no laughing please).

Autodesk 123D Design is a free program, and I think many of you would find it easy to learn and fun!

Here's my first attempt at making a simple hull, and after only watching one video about 'lofting'. http://www.creatorsstudio.org/autodesk-123d-design.html

I thought it might be a good idea to launch a competition, so you folks could have a crack at modeling something in 3D and posting it here. Anyone interested in getting a prize like a model submarine or Sub-driver or something like that? I'll make a special section on the forum if there are a few takers.
    Attached Files
    Free download software to design 3d models for 3d printing and fabrication for Windows, Mac OS X, iphone, ipad
    Last edited by Kazzer; 08-19-2016, 03:43 PM.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Why am I still having trouble here with photos? Dang! I've started swearing again!

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Mike,
      We have been expressing our thoughts on the photo uploading since the update. I think you can shake some branches at the guy who maintains the web......You have the power to make the changes,.
      Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

We (me & my son Lance) have no idea why this forum does this with photos.

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Kazzer
          Why am I still having trouble here with photos? Dang! I've started swearing again!
          What do you mean "again"????

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Let me pile on here:

The only way I've been able to get medium-large size photos up on this site (since the 'update') has been through a host site. And that makes for tough sledding; and that means I post less here (maybe a blessing, I don't know).

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• bwi 971
              Captain
              • Jan 2015

or by a program that shrinks your pictures size wise (135kb) AND pixel wise (1024x768)......but that's it........we don't have other means to post pictures here so they can be viewed by others.
              Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
              "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

See my new sticky on how to post photos here!

Comment

Working...