• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

For Sale Silver Cloud - 1/72 scale ready to run cruise ship

For Sale see ebay

Keep in mind I am located in Australia - all shipping is at buyers extra cost and risk.
    Local pickup is preferred.

This 2.17m long (7ft 1 2/3 inches) hand built cruise ship comes within independent port and starboard ESCs, and twin working bow thrusters.

The two motors provide a good turn of speed and the model has been engineered for maximum stability, functionality and ease of transport. The hull is one piece and the superstructure separates to provide 100% access to the hull. The hull is so stable that it can sit moored in the water with no ballast inside. This aids launching by allowing the main batteries, and 18 amp hour and 7 amp hour 12 volt batteries to be loaded in the water. This enables a one person easy lift, in and out of the water.

I am very proud of this build – but I simply need more garage space for the projects I have on the go – some 6 warships, another cruise ship scratch build (a tad smaller than Silver Cloud), 4 submarines, and 3 smaller craft.

The hull is plank on frame ply, laminated and sealed externally with fibreglass and gelcoat, and sealed internally with gelcoate. The lift off superstructure is made from light weight styrene plastics and is built around a space frame type of construction allowing maximum strength and saving lots of weight.

The model is equipped with three Electronize speed controls. Two for independent control of the port and starboard screws, and one controls the twin bow thrusters forward which are incredibly effective utilising a paddle thrust system. A fourth channel is of course in operation for the rudder. The three miniature radars rotate at scale speed on the main mast via AA batteries.

Interested parties should contact myself (John Slater) via private message at this website.

So what’s included:

* 4 Channel 2.4GHz radio
    * 18 Amp hour 12 volt battery (for main motors)
    * 4 Amp hour 6 volt battery (for bow thrusters)
    * 3 Electronize speed controls
    * 2 Sagem motors
    * 2 Raboesch bow thrusters
    * Hand / scratch built Ship – complete with some 10,000 plus individual parts and some 1,800 hours build time
    * Timber boat stand
    * Lead ballast weights

Last edited by Slats; 03-21-2011, 11:53 PM.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
Working...