• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

O.K. we can run this like an auction!
    $100
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
      O.K. we can run this like an auction!
      $100
      WHAT!?......

You *******!!!!!!!!

That's some of my best work there, pal!

M
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
        WHAT!?......

You *******!!!!!!!!

That's some of my best work there, pal!

M
        What did I tell you! You've upset him! I'm glad I'm not in your shoes Trouty Boy!
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Von Hilde
          Rear Admiral
          • Oct 2011

Spanish money. I cant give up the one with the emeralds from the Atocha The grand might pay for one emerald but I have several 8 reales ( pieces of eight) from the El Cazidore wreck in pristeen condition with cirtificates. These were minted in Mexico in 1783 and sent up to New Orleans in1784 by Spain for the Louisiana purchace. The ship went down in 1784 in 300ft of water just off the coast, With 800,000 of the 8 reales and several smaller denominations The money never got there and we bought Lousiana instead of Spain. Historicle artifact for sure. No prates involved. A friend of mine worked the wreck and recoverd quite a bit. These are condition grade fine , they average about 22 grams of silver each. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0548.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	92429Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0550.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	92430 these are valued around 4 to 5 hundred apicce Most of the coins recovered were not in as good shape as they were older coins. Average grade of a 2 or 3 usually go for around a hundred twenty to fifty each. One 8 reales from the Atocha grade 2 usually sells for around a thousand but she went down in 1622 so the coins are a little older
          Last edited by Von Hilde; 10-28-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Neat!......
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
              Rear Admiral
              • Oct 2011

You would think the treasure is the cool stuff till you get a eye on the bronze cannons. They go for 60 to100K with the crust and coral and the cleaned up ones more. Cannons, anyone? Be cool to have one in the TV room, mounted in a ships carrage, to plop your feet on watching the History Channel. Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronzecannon.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	92431I have a friend down here who casts, fun to shoot, fully functional black powder bronze replicas, any scale. Uses the real deal' down at Mel's museum, for some to pop the mold for a full size plug. There is a foundry up in Islamorada makes the sand mold and pours the bronze. He machine finishes and bores the castings, recycles the bronze shavings. Builds carrages for land and sea. Morters and signal cannons, as well as a 22 cal Gatling gun 1/4 scale that he is casting the parts for now. I want a 22cal 1/24 scale 88 mm deck gun. Dont ask where its going.
              Last edited by Von Hilde; 10-29-2014, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• type7
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Apr 2009

I can go $600 for the Gato right now. Guess then I won't have to finish mine to go with the subdriver I'm buying. Still thinking about the other subdrivers you are selling.

Comment

• Kazzer
                  • Aug 2008

Dun!

Thanks
                  Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• trout
                    Admiral
                    • Jul 2011

That's a very nice sub you are getting there. If I had the funds, I would have gladly paid. Please take photos when you get it running.
                    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...