X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coryhenry
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2020

Looking for a 75mHz 6 channel receiver single conversion

Hi my VEX receiver just went out and Bob is out of stock. Anyone have one I can purchase?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by coryhenry
    Hi my VEX receiver just went out and Bob is out of stock. Anyone have one I can purchase?
    Was it working for you and then died? Or was it DOA?
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• coryhenry
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jul 2020

Everything was working both on and off the water then just stopped. I put another 9 channel receiver in the system and tested all the power connections and everything worked. The 9 channel is to big to go in the tube though.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Everything was working both on and off the water then just stopped. I put another 9 channel receiver in the system and tested all the power connections and everything worked. The 9 channel is to big to go in the tube though.
        Good trouble-shooting. Your finding is definitive.

Now, is there anything you might have done to upset the original receiver? (Accusing finger wagging in your face). Did you call it a bad name? Did you take it out of its plastic case? Did you touch the bottom of the circuit board ungrounded? Crystal change? Did you change the receiver modulation mode? Think what happened that might have upset the receiver.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• coryhenry
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jul 2020

It did come out of the plastic case originally and was immediately wrapped to prevent any inadvertent contact. I was working on the AD2 and had to pull it out so it may be related to that. When I unwrapped the receiver there was no moisture evident and no physical damage noticeable. What is feels like to me is it is not receiving power in the distribution pins. I know it is receiving power from the BLM measured at the receiver pins.

Comment

• Aug 2008

It did come out of the plastic case originally and was immediately wrapped to prevent any inadvertent contact. I was working on the AD2 and had to pull it out so it may be related to that. When I unwrapped the receiver there was no moisture evident and no physical damage noticeable. What is feels like to me is it is not receiving power in the distribution pins. I know it is receiving power from the BLM measured at the receiver pins.
            OK. Find one of those 4.5-volt receiver batteries you likely have kicking around. Make sure it's charged and plug it into any port of the receiver (the power pins are all bused together). Find a servo you trust and put it on a receiver port and start fiddling the transmitter stick/switch. Look for signs of life and report back to me here.

(Hey!... Andy and Bob: got any thoughts on this cluster-****?)

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• coryhenry
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Jul 2020

Ok, Went through all possible combinations of power and trusted servo. I get a twitch of life every time I plug the servo in, but no movement of servo from control sticks at all. It seems to be a little power surge when you plug the servo in. So this leads me to believe there is some power to the pins but the message is not getting from the transmitter to the receiver.

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

If I may throw a thought out there, if after doing the test David just suggested, and it works, do you have more than one ESC in your cylinder?
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• coryhenry
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jul 2020

Just one ESC

Comment

• Aug 2008

Ok, Went through all possible combinations of power and trusted servo. I get a twitch of life every time I plug the servo in, but no movement of servo from control sticks at all. It seems to be a little power surge when you plug the servo in. So this leads me to believe there is some power to the pins but the message is not getting from the transmitter to the receiver.
                    A fair assumption. "He's dead, Jim!" (next time tell that receiver not to wear the red shirt). Yeah, you have power across the red and black pins, but the receiver is not seeing the transmitted signal and or is not processing/decoding the signal -- nothing of intelligence is making to the white pins of the lead ports. ****.

The front end (detector) or decoder is fried. Sorry.

Hey, Kevin and Andy: whadduthink?

David
                    Knows Just Enough Theory To Sound Smart
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• cheapsub
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Dec 2019

Got some stashes

What channel (frequency) your transmitter on?

Comment

• coryhenry
                        Lieutenant Commander
                        • Jul 2020

Originally posted by cheapsub
                        Got some stashes

What channel (frequency) your transmitter on?
                        cheapsub I sent a PM

Comment

Working...