X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Sleep
    Commander
    • Nov 2013

Futaba receivers, any for sale??

I was relying on a bunch of Novak transmitters, but now that I need them in sevice, none work. Anyone have any receivers kicking around for sale??
    A man of true Frankenstinean proportions!!
  • Rick Teskey
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2009

Do you have Novak receivers? They work with Futaba transmitters.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
      Commander
      • Nov 2013

Yes I have 5 Novaks 75Mhz., FM, but I cannot get them to work

Comment

• Rick Teskey
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jan 2009

What radio there are you trying too pair with you may need too shift from ppm to pcm if the Novak's have adjustable dials look close at receivers they have different settings for different transmitters on selection dials.
        are they the orange ones?

Comment

• SteveNeill
          Commander
          • Apr 2020

Rick I'm sending a boat load to Bob soon.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
            Commander
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
            What radio there are you trying too pair with you may need too shift from ppm to pcm if the Novak's have adjustable dials look close at receivers they have different settings for different transmitters on selection dials.
            are they the orange ones?
            They are PPM, the orange ones, and have no controls on them, other than the channel dials. My transmitter is ppm, and works with the one Futaba unit I do have, and the transmitter is on ppm

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

PPM can be negative or positive shift. Computer TX's can usually be set for either, but if it's a basic model, then you are stuck with what the manufacturer gave you. not sure if this is your problem, as I don't know what Novak used.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                Commander
                • Nov 2013

The thing that ****es me of, but is no longer a problem with new technology, not old, is the lack of information placed on receivers. Hell, I have Futaba receivers that dont even say FM or AM on then, let alone the frequency shift, and other useful info. I guess they originally figured that you would only would ever use the receiver that came with the transmitter unit

Comment

• Sinksalot
                  Commander
                  • Mar 2020

Most of the sub people near me use 8 channel.Futaba FP-R148DP or Futaba FP-R148DF receivers they got off ebay and just put a dual conversion 75mhz crystals in them. I think none of them sent them to get re-tune from 72mhz to 75mhz. Most of them use Futaba 7CAP and 9CAP radios with them. As to if they work with a Vex radio using a TX adapter for reg crystals I cant remember.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                    Commander
                    • Nov 2013

Really, no retuning, Im going to buy one , and try it out

Originally posted by Sinksalot
                    Most of the sub people near me use 8 channel.Futaba FP-R148DP or Futaba FP-R148DF receivers they got off ebay and just put a dual conversion 75mhz crystals in them. I think none of them sent them to get re-tune from 72mhz to 75mhz. Most of them use Futaba 7CAP and 9CAP radios with them. As to if they work with a Vex radio using a TX adapter for reg crystals I cant remember.

Comment

• Sinksalot
                      Commander
                      • Mar 2020

Yea you need to just try it and test it. If it works, plug in all the servos to the receiver and get a friend to come over. Its best to have two cell phones to talk to each other. Then turn on the radio, have your friend look at servos that are plugged into receiver and you walk away from receiver and you move controls and ask if servos are moving smooth. Walk as far as you think your submarine will every get from you and see if servos move smooth. if they work good then your set.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                        Commander
                        • Nov 2013

I have already ordered the receiver that you have suggested...and when I get it, I will let you know. I dont really let my subs go that far, and only dive perisope deep, so hopefully , this will work.
                        Thanks
                        \Kim

Yea you need to just try it and test it. If it works, plug in all the servos to the receiver and get a friend to come over. Its best to have two cell phones to talk to each other. Then turn on the radio, have your friend look at servos that are plugged into receiver and you walk away from receiver and you move controls and ask if servos are moving smooth. Walk as far as you think your submarine will every get from you and see if servos move smooth. if they work good then your set.

Comment

• Sinksalot
                          Commander
                          • Mar 2020

I wanted to show you the size difference of the receivers I use. As you can see some are bigger then other. All receivers are running at 75mhz dual conversion or single conversion. The 3 bottom ones are tiny little things, I most likely just use them if i ever built a 1/144 scale sub. The two bigger one at top are good for 1/72 and 1/48 scale as the WTCs are bigger. The receiver with the yellow channel 89 and the one with the red channel 73 crystals are brand new from a china. The way you see them is the way I got them. Both are 8 channel and work perfectly. I don't know what brand they are is there is nothing on them. I know what you first question will be. Do I have a link as to where i bought them. I do have a link but they are out. I search Chinese hobby shops that show online stock. I use google translate to translate their web sites. there are 1000s of hobby shops in china with old stock, you just need to look.
                          Last edited by Sinksalot; 04-24-2020, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Kim Sleep
                            Commander
                            • Nov 2013

Thats actually quite smart. A lot of stuff that I have purchased has come from China, without me even knowing it when I purchased it from EBay. I will give that a try.
                            Thanks, Kim

I wanted to show you the size difference of the receivers I use. As you can see some are bigger then other. All receivers are running at 75mhz dual conversion or single conversion. The 3 bottom ones are tiny little things, I most likely just use them if i ever built a 1/144 scale sub. The two bigger one at top are good for 1/72 and 1/48 scale as the WTCs are bigger. The receiver with the yellow channel 89 and the one with the red channel 73 crystals are brand new from a china. The way you see them is the way I got them. Both are 8 channel and work perfectly. I don't know what brand they are is there is nothing on them. I know what you first question will be. Do I have a link as to where i bought them. I do have a link but they are out. I search Chinese hobby shops that show online stock. I use google translate to translate their web sites. there are 1000s of hobby shops in china with old stock, you just need to look.

Comment

Working...