Seeking a M1 hull (formerly sold on Caswell site)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • actonw5
    Ensign
    • Feb 2009

Seeking a M1 hull (formerly sold on Caswell site)

Anyone have a surplus or unwanted M1 1930s British monitor sub hull they are willing to sell? It will need to be sent by Fedex/UPS Ground to New York City. Please send a PM.
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Still sold on the site.
    You mean this: https://sub-driver.com/models/submar...submarine.html
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• actonw5
      Ensign
      • Feb 2009

Thanks but that is the French Surcouf of WW2. The British M series of the 1930s (four - two of which sank in accidents) were even odder. The M1 had a single 12' battleship gun in a forward mounted turret while the M2 has a hanger with a tiny floatplane.

This forum had posts of the M1 hull which was on sale in the Caswell site but no longer. If only hobby budgets were elastic I would have bought one earlier.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

My mistake. Thank you for the correction and sorry that was not helpful.
        Peace,
        Tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

I have a mold, and with a tremendous amount of work for me, I'll pull one off it for you. pm me please.
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• actonw5
            Ensign
            • Feb 2009

Dear Tom,

Thanks for the reply. The Surcouf is on my wish list. The M series are an obsession. I have models in 1/1250 and 1/350 scales and will post photos of the in the static section in the future.

Dear Kazzer,

Thanks for the generous offer. I have sent a pm.

Comment

• actonw5
              Ensign
              • Feb 2009

M1 bought and on the way to the dry dock.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

actonw5, congrats on the M1 hull. I hope that we can convince you to do a "Builders Thread" on its construction. I know there are a lot of guys who build , but not so many will take the time to post it. Something to consider. Actually once you get started posting......you wont want to stop.
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Albion
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2008

Yeah I hear you, Albion's got one but too lazy to build it ;)

I just picked up a new lepton receiver so hopefully i can finish my drive unit up and get it in the water. 90% painted, but needs more masts and dirtying up a bit
                  Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

Working...