Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepseadiver
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

here is a video of the search lights strobe and navigation lights in action at night bare with me i was trying to steer the sub and video tape all at once. It was not fun just wanted to give a idea of how they look

my next video will be a underwater video of it running which i am getting a camera man to record for me.

JIm

Created on January 20, 2012 I was trying to give a look at the new search lights, and strobe, along with, my navigation lights I installed on my Neptune. ...
    Put your mind to it. If there's a will there's a way!

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

If you film during the day, you can use a little 808 keyfob cam attached to the peak of a baseball cap or a pair of glasses, then the camera follows your line of sight. Filming at night is possible, but with such a small lens you won't get a great picture.

I guess you could try this with a bigger and heavier cam, but it will probably get a tad cumbersome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hatmount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	66150

Name:	glassesmount1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	66151

Comment

• deepseadiver
        Commander
        • Aug 2008

this sounds like a great idea i have another camera that’s very light it’s called a Tachyon XC HD good also down to 100 feet so i can attach it to the sub directly. plus attach it to a cap like you mentioned i will give it a go here is a picture of it . PS when i do dive the sub it drags its rear end in the water i guess i need to move the weights up a little ?

this video i attach is a tachyon being used by holding underwater by hand and mounted on the boat but can be mounted on a helmet, or cap, like you mentioned . I think it works great with a awesome picture you just can't beat. picks up sound real nice also plus its affordable
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by deepseadiver; 01-22-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Subculture
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Yes it sounds like the weight needs a bit of adjustment. Camera looks just the ticket. The 808 cams aren't watertight as standard, but they're very small and light and I like to use them on aeroplanes too. I moulded a small teardrop enclosure for my 808 keyfob cam from GRP, and turned an aluminium bayonet ring for a nice small o-ring seal.

Name:	Image0201.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	66163Click image for larger version

Name:	Image0202.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	66164

Comment

• deepseadiver
            Commander
            • Aug 2008

thats a nice idea! I like that very much creative

Jim :)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Andy was kind enough to send me one of his camera housings. Very light-weight and evidenced a great deal of careful craftsmanship.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Thanks Dave.

An enclosure from plastic pipe e.g. PVC, lexan, acrylic etc. would be equally practical, and a lot quicker and easier to make.

Comment

Working...