Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by WFLY Technician
    Hello, this is Joanna from WFLY. It is hard to say what excatly the matter is for the TX according to your description.

Sure the TX has a fuse, and the given voltage is 9.6-11v. There are two reasons which will make the screen blank. One is the voltage, if the voltage is lower than 8v, then you can't power on the tx. While if the transient current is higher than 12v, then the tx will be burnt off. Another reason is because the tx has been damaged such as the IC.

Have you measured the battery pack's voltage? When you dial the trim, can you hear the BUZZER sound?
    I just tried again this morning and (do not know why, hoped for a different outcome [insanity, I know]) no change. I rechecked the voltage it was 10.8v and still nothing comes on or makes any beeping noise. What is the next step????
    I would really like to resolve this......or ask about getting it replaced.
    Peace,
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    I would expect these radios to have a 12 month guarantee against defects and bad workmanship. Personally I wouldn't start tinkering with a radio that's just three months old.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Joanna,
    yes, it was ~10.4v
    i do not hear anything..... What if I plugged an external power, would that help diagnos the issue? If so, what type of transformer should I get? If that would not help, then what is my next step?
    Thank you for your help!
    tom

Leave a comment:

• WFLY Technician
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    O.K. Kevin said there is a fuse......
    So first thing, is there a warranty with this? If so how long?

Will WFly allow me to open the back and check that out? (which as subculture said then the question is "What made it blow?" if that indeed is the issue)

If it is not the fuse what options do I have? and "Anchor" is NOT an option. :-)
    Hello, this is Joanna from WFLY. It is hard to say what excatly the matter is for the TX according to your description.

Sure the TX has a fuse, and the given voltage is 9.6-11v. There are two reasons which will make the screen blank. One is the voltage, if the voltage is lower than 8v, then you can't power on the tx. While if the transient current is higher than 12v, then the tx will be burnt off. Another reason is because the tx has been damaged such as the IC.

Have you measured the battery pack's voltage? When you dial the trim, can you hear the BUZZER sound?

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    O.K. Kevin said there is a fuse......
    So first thing, is there a warranty with this? If so how long?

Will WFly allow me to open the back and check that out? (which as subculture said then the question is "What made it blow?" if that indeed is the issue)

If it is not the fuse what options do I have? and "Anchor" is NOT an option. :-)
    Last edited by trout; 04-13-2012, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Are you asking me? ah sure just past the flux capacitor and the turbo encabulator.

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    I notice the hot-spot on my RF boards too. Is that the last stage-modulating amplifier, just before the antenna?

David

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    The transistor for the tuner will emitt quite a bit of heat, so it's probably that. The transistor in my Futaba FC16 runs pretty hot.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Heat! Yes it is a killer for computers and now that you mention it, when I ran the sub in the inflatable pool, the removable box in the back of the transmitter with the frequency on it seemed mighty warm to me (that may be normal), but I did not remember that until you mentioned it.

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    Heat is the enemy of electronics, especially computers, keep 'em cool and they last a long time.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    That is a great question! I had not gone there because I do not know that is actually the cause, it was a grasp for a fix, and being so close to completing this sub and all. More than likely it is a component failure. I have found with computers the first 6 months is the real break-in period, it seems most problems show up then (and then several years later as they wear out). We will see what WFly has to say.

Leave a comment:

• Subculture
    replied
    If it is a fuse that's gone, do ask the question- what made the fuse blow?

Leave a comment:

• trout
    started a topic My WFly wft-08 has died - HELP

My WFly wft-08 has died - HELP

So here is the scenario, I had just had the sub out 2 days ago. I adjusted it and prepared it for sailing. Went to turn on the WFLY and nothing...blank screen. I thought no big deal, must be the batteries. I put them on the charger (could only do 4 at a time) and when both sets were done, put them in the transmitter. Still nothing! Pulled out the meter and the pack was charged. I got this in January.....HELP!
    What kind of warranty comes with the WFly?
    Suggestions for fixing this?
    Kevin has graciously offered to open his TX to see if there is a fuse. If there is no warranty, then heck I will open the back up, but if there is a warranty what is the next step?
Working...