X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Sombra sl-8 reciever problems

In my Albacore using a Polk 8 channel reciever and a mixer for ch.1 and 2 and a caswell ADF everything works fine. When I tried to substitute a Sombra labs reciever in its place the Caswell ADF didnt like it. It rapidly flashed a red light which the instruction said was an error message meaning ballast signal lost. The auto pitch function seems to work but the ballast servos function are restricted. If I take out the Sombra and reinstall the Polk everything works fine again. Whadayathink?
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • sombra
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2009

I'm not familiar with the ADF, and unfortunately, I don't have either the Polk TX or the ADF unit. A few things can be done to further debug the issue:

1) Turn ON the SL-8 RX and the ADF and then the Polk Tx.
    2) Turn ON the SL-8 RX, then the Polk TX and then the ADF.
    3) Try a Tx other than Polk.

Originally posted by greenman407
    In my Albacore using a Polk 8 channel reciever and a mixer for ch.1 and 2 and a caswell ADF everything works fine. When I tried to substitute a Sombra labs reciever in its place the Caswell ADF didnt like it. It rapidly flashed a red light which the instruction said was an error message meaning ballast signal lost. The auto pitch function seems to work but the ballast servos function are restricted. If I take out the Sombra and reinstall the Polk everything works fine again. Whadayathink?

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

After talking with Kevin McCleod from Caswells who designed the ADF , it is his belief that it is a softwear issue with the ADF. After the earlier test I removed the SL-8 and operated it without the ADF and it worked fine. So what we have here is a compatibility issue. I will just move the ADF to another submarine. Thanks
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...