X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Sombra not compatable with Aristocraft

I have a 75 MHZ FM Aristocraft 2 channel pistol grip radio. I got the bright Idea of using a Sombra reciever with it. The Sombra will not link with it unless you use the shadow programmer to program the frequency. Then only channel 1 will work. whatever you put on ch. 2 will just sit there and quiver. Weird. I tried two different receivers. I guess Ill have to put the Aristocraft on the shelf.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

This question was asked previously but we never heard from the Sombra guys on it.

Comment

• sombra
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Apr 2009

Our receivers follow the standard PPM protocol and work very well with all the products available on the market. A while ago we tried to purchase an Aristocraft radio, but I think it is not in production anymore as such unfortunately, we can't really provide any support for this product, there is something in it's baseband output that trips up our DSP.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Yes, I purchased mine back in 1998.

Comment

• KevinMc
          Commander
          • Feb 2009

Is that the part of the DSP that can be turned off? (Set 95 on the Shadow programmer)
          Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
          KMc Designs

Comment

• sombra
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by KevinMc
            Is that the part of the DSP that can be turned off? (Set 95 on the Shadow programmer)
            Without testing the Tx and figuring out what is causing the issue (if its something in baseband or RF drift), it is hard to say if DSP "off" will solve the issue.... however, OP can try it out and report back.

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

I will try it and let you know.

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

I HATE IT WHEN THINGS DONT WORK CONSISTANT! The other day when I tried to install the Sombra in this boat and link it to my Aristocraft pistol grip, the best I could get after using the Shadow programmer was Ch 1 working and Ch. 2 barely moving. After using the Shadow programmer to set code 95, to turn DSP off, now it wants to work but extremely Jittery! So I reset the sombra to code 94 to turn the DSP back on, it makes no difference. So the bottom line is , .............It doesnt work. Oh Well, back to 2.4 GHZ. Its a shame to because this is a nice radio with lots of dials to fine tune everything. Dont remember what they all do but ...Cool!Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	73142Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 046.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	73143Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer 047.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	73144

Comment

• greenman407
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

IM SORRY! Its not a Aristocraft. Its a AIRTRONICS! DUHHHHHHHH Or are they the same thing?

Comment

Working...