X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

sombra labs.. shadow 7

just bought the shadow7 reciver.came in a small ziplock baggie ..no set up instruction..looked for sombra on line ..all links I have found via goole and here get a dead end...I need to figure out how to set this thing up so I can start putting the sd back together again.....many thanks
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by satlite440
    just bought the shadow7 reciver.came in a small ziplock baggie ..no set up instruction..looked for sombra on line ..all links I have found via goole and here get a dead end...I need to figure out how to set this thing up so I can start putting the sd back together again.....many thanks
    Did it come with a shorting-plug? If so, plug it into ch-7, plug in a servo to one of the other ports, turn on the transmitter, turn on the receiver and wait for the servo to stop quivering. Remove the shorting plug and check that the receiver remembers the transmitters frequency. That's how it works with the Sombra-8.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jul 2012

no .no shorting plug...just the reciver in a ziplock bag it's size...still no way to access sombra labs web site.. are they out of buissnes?????? I could make a plug but I still need to know the 2 pins and what ch to install it on....david do you know is sombra is down&out or do you think they are revamping?

Comment

• Aug 2008

no .no shorting plug...just the reciver in a ziplock bag it's size...still no way to access sombra labs web site.. are they out of buissnes?????? I could make a plug but I still need to know the 2 pins and what ch to install it on....david do you know is sombra is down&out or do you think they are revamping?
        You short ground and signal.

I'm not absolutely sure. And not being sure, and saying I think he's out of the 75mHz game, would be unfair, almost unethical, to suggest. However, I saw a post where he indicating getting out of the 75mHz game and selling the last of his inventory. Now you know as much as I. His was the finest product of its kind on the Continent.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jul 2012

thanks david.that's a bummer...I have found the review/set up for sl6 and sl8...still looking for a pdf for the programmer as I have 1 and for the shadow7....do you know of a way to contact them for product support ?if you try the web it says page cant be displayed and are you sure http://www.sombralabs.com is correct...maby an email address you could pm or email me if I pm you?

Comment

• Aug 2008

thanks david.that's a bummer...I have found the review/set up for sl6 and sl8...still looking for a pdf for the programmer as I have 1 and for the shadow7....do you know of a way to contact them for product support ?if you try the web it says page cant be displayed and are you sure http://www.sombralabs.com is correct...maby an email address you could pm or email me if I pm you?
            aroosh@gmail.com

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

If you have the Shadow programmer....use that to set it up. I have a couple of the Shadow receivers. let me look for my notes and Ill get back here shortly.
              IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Ok I made a thread on this very same subject back in 2015, here it is:
                Only thing is I dont know if the receiver you have is the same one as I have.
                I just received 2 of these from Caswell this week. They are only slightly smaller than the SL-8s in length only, but they are slightly wider. They also come naked
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...