X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Campy
    Ensign
    • Oct 2010

Problem with Shadow Programmer ?

I am not sure if I have a defective programmer or I am doing something wrong. I was given 2 new in the package Lepton 5 receivers. I have followed the instructions for programming them, but neither receiver will respond to either my Futaba 6XAS transmitter (crystal controlled) or my Polk's Tracker II transmitter (synthesized control). I have tried to program them using an ESC with a lipo battery and also with a 4.8 volt battery pack.

One thing I did notice was that Shadow Programmer light lit up even if the connection from the battery was reversed on the receiver.

I contacted Sombra about this on Friday, but have not received a reply from them.

Hopefully someone will be able to tell me if I am doing something wrong or if I have a bad Shadow Programmer.

• sombra
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2009

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen any e-mail in the last few days with an issue that you describe. Please send all your support e-mails to: support@sombralabs.com

Now, just to be clear, the Lepton-5 is a non-synthesized receiver and require a compatible crystal to properly operate, the programmer is only utilized to select failsafe modes and pin mappings, the receiver channel frequency cannot be selected by a programmer for Lepton-5.

Comment

Working...