X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunworksco
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2009

SL-8 Receiver/Robbe F-14 Questions

I see that the SL-8 receiver has an input voltage of 3.5 to 9 volts, but cannot find the servo output voltage in the SL-8 manual.What is the output voltage to the servos? Does it have an internal BEC ?
    Can it output 9 or more volts to the servos that can safely take it ?
    Will SL-8 bind to a Futaba PK-FSM 75Mhz TX ?
    Can I use a 2.4Ghz TX in the same radio that has a synthesized RF TX module ? I only use the 2.4Ghz TX for my telemtry system.
    Regards,
    John

• sombra
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2009

The voltage input range is for the receiver operation, there is no internal BEC. Also, the SL-8 (or any other receiver for that matter) don't have anything to do with the supply voltages on the receiver servo pins: whatever voltage you apply at the input of the receiver will be distributed to the attached peripherals. Individual peripherals attached to the receiver will need to be checked if they will operate with the supply voltage you will be supplying. I personally haven't tried the PK-FSM TX module so I can't tell you if it will work or not. On the other hand I'm not aware of any synthesized Futaba not working; except the 9Z Airplane radio, and that is due to a design issue with the baseband part of the radio which was fixed in later Z series of radios. Regarding your last question about using a 2.4GHz module in your Futaba, I'm afraid I can't be of much help, you may want to contact Futaba regarding this as this is outside our domain.
    Originally posted by sunworksco
    I see that the SL-8 receiver has an input voltage of 3.5 to 9 volts, but cannot find the servo output voltage in the SL-8 manual.What is the output voltage to the servos? Does it have an internal BEC ?
    Can it output 9 or more volts to the servos that can safely take it ?
    Will SL-8 bind to a Futaba PK-FSM 75Mhz TX ?
    Can I use a 2.4Ghz TX in the same radio that has a synthesized RF TX module ? I only use the 2.4Ghz TX for my telemtry system.
    Regards,
    John

Comment

• sunworksco
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Apr 2009

SL-8 Receiver/Robbe F-14 Questions

A big Thank You!
      I may not need the 2.4Ghz TX module because I may be able to use a Motorola Android cell phone with Java/WiFi linked to an onboard computer.
      I am looking into an onboard micro computer with a WiFi telemetry/data-logger with sensor hookups that sends data to the phone.This cool stuff is on the Robot Combats websites.
      Regards,
      John

Comment

Working...