X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robert lipsett
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Mar 2010

sl8 problems

I am unable to get my sl8 to work. I have a wfly transmitter and the programmer. I believe I have connected the sl8 properly. I have tried to program the receiver to work with my wfly and have also used a futaba radio in case the wfly was having problems. when pressing the set button on the programmer the led comes on. I have also tried to use the binding plug by putting it on connection 8 and turning on the rx while the radio has remained on. several times one servo continuously twitches but never settles down. ocassionally I see the other servos move some but after 3 minutes I try again and have done so for 10 times. I have even gone so far as to lay the rx antenna on the tx antenna. no luck so far. Any hints?
  • sombra
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2009

There are several reasons why you're unable to bind the SL-8 to your TX. Make sure you have your transmitter set to FM-PPM mode, also make sure the servo and battery are connected with the right polarity. If everything checks out ok, it could be a DOA receiver and will need to be replaced.

Comment

• robert lipsett
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Mar 2010

I don't know about the wfly but the futaba was strictly ppm. I had this set up with a different reciver before and had no problems so the polarity should be right all I did was swap out recivers because the one I used was an air to test the system. where should I send it for repair back to caswell or someplace else?

Comment

• sombra
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by robert lipsett
        I don't know about the wfly but the futaba was strictly ppm. I had this set up with a different reciver before and had no problems so the polarity should be right all I did was swap out recivers because the one I used was an air to test the system. where should I send it for repair back to caswell or someplace else?
        If you're in US then it will be more convenient to send it back to Caswell as you'll avoid all the customs hassles and postal delays. If you're in Canada, let me know and I'll issue you an RMA to send it directly to us.

Comment

Working...