X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveT44
    Ensign
    • Feb 2011

Issue with Nano ESC

Finally got around to testing my Nano. From forward to neutral there is NO brake. From reverse to neutral there is a brake. I tried to go into programming mode and it will not do so. Pressing the button for one second while in neutral does nothing. The ESC goes through the calibration routine just fine. I'd like to get the brake working from both directions.

Any comments?

Steve T.
  • SteveT44
    Ensign
    • Feb 2011

Just tested my second Nano and am seeing the same result. I am testing using a GWS servo tester and I think that may be the issue. When going from a 1.0 pulse to 1.5 the brake engages. When going from a 2.0 to 1.5 pulse the brake does not engage. When using the manual POT the brake appears to engage when going to neutral from full forward but it's hard to tell if I just didn't go to far past neutral and engage reverse (the neutral band seems very narrow). What I think might be happening is that the Nano needs to see some point between 2.0 and 1.5 to engage the brake. Using the digital 1.0/1.5/2.0 function of the tester is bypassing this supposed point. As to the differences in brake in the forward and reverse modes, maybe this is just a quirk of the firmware.

The Nano does not appear to support setting different brake rates or disabling the reverse function per the instructions for the MicroViper Marine 10.

Steve
    Last edited by SteveT44; 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...