X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

ADF,APC,UPC glitching.

Kevin, I dont know if you have been keeping up with my posts on the Subcomittee about APC glitching but I am experiencing it with all three types of pitch controllers including your ADF(older version). Do you think that your new version would be any better. It appears to be due to the pitch controllers picking up vibrations from the motors and gear train. I have not been able to isolate the pitch controllers enough yet. I have tried a number of things,rubber, silicone, foam, sandwiched foam rubber, moving the pitch controller to different parts of the wtc.
    Last edited by greenman407; 06-29-2010, 09:09 AM.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • KevinMc
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by greenman407
    Kevin, I dont know if you have been keeping up with my posts on the Subcomittee about APC glitching but I am experiencing it with all three types of pitch controllers including your ADF(older version). Do you think that your new version would be any better. It appears to be due to the pitch controllers picking up vibrations from the motors and gear train. I have not been able to isolate the pitch controllers enough yet. I have tried a number of things,rubber, silicone, foam, sandwiched foam rubber, moving the pitch controller to different parts of the wtc.
    Hi Mark,

I have been following that thread, and unfortunatly what you're asking for goes directly against having a fast-responding pitch controller. The only way to get a pitch controller to ignore the vibrations generated by your motor is to slow down it's response by adding a filter. Unfortunately, by design this same filter will slow down the response to the pitch disturbances you wish to correct and further aggrevate your high-speed porpoising issues. Not to be a wise-guy, but I believe in this instance you'll have to choose between having your cake or eating it...

KMc
    Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
    KMc Designs

Comment

Working...