• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickelsen
    Lieutenant
    • Aug 2008

Down rev. parts

Hi Kevin,
    I'm getting ready to use some of your modules that I purchased quite a while ago and I'm wondering if they're all up to date. For instance, I have two ADF's. One is marked "ADF1a" and the other is marked "ADF1b". Does the "1a" need to be upgraded? I also have some Lipo Guards and MPC's. They all seem to marked "1a". Are there later revs for any of these that I ought to be aware of?

Thanks
    Hope is a harsh mistress!
    Mark
  • KevinMc
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Hi Mark,

The large pump controller is still on its rev a software, ADF, mini pump controller, and LiPo Guard have all rolled up to rev b. Depending on your setup the older revs of software won't cause you an issue though.

-ADF1b was released when I ran into a compatibility issue with the Tracker III transmitter and Sombra Labs receiver. When I connected an ADF to this combination the red (failsafe) LED was going off every other frame - if you're not running this combo you should be fine.

-MPC1b was released when I discovered that the switched channel (CH 5) of the WFLY6 transmitter has no end-point adjustment. MPC1b changes the activation range of the MPC such that it's compatible with the end points of the switch.

-LPG1b was created when I noticed that some LiPo Guards would erroneously detect a 3 cell LiPo when connected to a lab supply set to simulate a really fully charged 2 cell pack. (Note that I've never had this problem reported from the field, nor have I ever experienced it with any of my own boats. It was something I noticed on one or two LiPo Guards during my own bench testing with a lab supply.)

So what's the rest of your setup look like? Which Tx, Rx, and ESC/BEC are you using? If you need to have any of your software updated I can coordinate that with you, but needless to say you'll have to send the stuff back to me to do so.

KMc
    Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
    KMc Designs

Comment

• mickelsen
      Lieutenant
      • Aug 2008

I have a Tracker III transmitter. One boat will have a Seeker 6 receiver and the other will have a Sombra Labs receiver. Since I have one ADF that is 1a and one that is 1b, if I pair them with the right receivers I shouldn't have any problems, right? My ESC's are the standard Mtronics miniViper 10's that come with the Seaview SD's. So I don't foresee any problems.

Thanks.
      Hope is a harsh mistress!
      Mark

Comment

• KevinMc
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

Hi Mark,

You got it - Use your ADF1a with the Seeker, save your 1b for the Sombra and you'll be just fine. If you ever get to a point where it's causing you a problem though let me know and I'll flip it up for you.

KMc
        Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

Working...