X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

ADF and Lipo Trouble

I purchased a Lipo Guard and an ADF this month. Followed the instructions to the letter. I'm getting lots of chatter out of the servo's when I turn it on. I checked everything several times. Rebalanced the ADF for the green light to come on. The Lipo Guard seems to be working but the ADF's got problems. Can't sail with the ADF installed. It will not let me take on water in the ballast. Seems to me I remember a complaint about Wfly receivers not being happy with the ADF. Help anyone.

David Merriman recommended these as a must have last month. So I know they work. What am I doing wrong?

Jack
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
    I purchased a Lipo Guard and an ADF this month. Followed the instructions to the letter. I'm getting lots of chatter out of the servo's when I turn it on. I checked everything several times. Rebalanced the ADF for the green light to come on. The Lipo Guard seems to be working but the ADF's got problems. Can't sail with the ADF installed. It will not let me take on water in the ballast. Seems to me I remember a complaint about Wfly receivers not being happy with the ADF. Help anyone.

David Merriman recommended these as a must have last month. So I know they work. What am I doing wrong?

Jack
    One too many devices in the SD and the WFly receiver chatters -- that's what's happened here -- get a Sombra-6 or Sombra-8 and you're back in business. Sorry.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

See what happens when you try to save a buck. It just cost you more cause now I got to buy another receiver. I wanted to anyway cause the Sombra labs is a rock solid receiver. I got one in the type-VII cause it's real small. The Wfly would not fit in the type VII.

Thanks David.

done - ordered an 8 channel.

Jack
      Last edited by pjdog; 07-23-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
        See what happens when you try to save a buck. It just cost you more cause now I got to buy another receiver. I wanted to anyway cause the Sombra labs is a rock solid receiver. I got one in the type-VII cause it's real small. The Wfly would not fit in the type VII.

Thanks David.

done - ordered an 8 channel.

Jack
        Good man.

If the Sombras receivers could only cook, Ellie's position around here would be at risk (for God's sake, never let here see this post!).

The WFly r/c system is a real good deal -- I buy them just for the transmitter which is an excellent unit for the price. The receiver is OK if you keep functions down to only three servos and just the basic devices (angle-keeper, fail-safe, and ESC). Other than that, use the WFly receiver as a door-stop.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...