• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

ADF2 and Lipo Guard with Corona receivers

Hello Kevin,

I need a small receiver for to use in the 1 1/4" Subdrivers. Will your ADF2 and Lipo Guard work with the Corona RP6D1 synthasized 6 channel Dual Conversion Receiver RV196 in 72mhz? I can't seem to locate a small receiver in 75mhz but as I have a transmitter in 72MHZ which I used in New Zealand I'll have to go that route.

Regards,

Myron
  • KevinMc
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Hi Myron,

I believe I've got the Corona issue resolved. I've tested it on a RP4S1 synth Rx, I expect the turn-on delay that was causing the problem will be similar with the RP6D1.

One thing to be aware of with the Corona line is that they have a built-in failsafe function that will prevent the ADF2's failsafe from detecting signal loss. When used with the LiPo Guard the ADF2 still signals low battery as it did before, but the "loss of signal" protection becomes a receiver dependent function.

My latest build of ADF2 software is not yet into circulation with Mike's stock, how soon are you going to need this new ADF2?
    Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
    KMc Designs

Comment

• vital.spark
      Commander
      • May 2010

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can wait or I can send payment to Mike by paypal and you could send it to me direct here in Hong Kong if it's OK with you and Mike?

Regards,

Myron

Comment

• KevinMc
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

Let me get with Mike and see how he wants to handle it.
        KMc Designs

Comment

• vital.spark
          Commander
          • May 2010

Thanks Kevin,

Since this will be used in the small 1.25" subdriver which is a dynamic dive pool sub, what benefit will I get by sing the Lipo Guard? I know it can stop the current drain to prevent low voltage damage but is it necessary?

Regards,

Myron

Comment

• KevinMc
            Commander
            • Feb 2009

Hi Myron,

LiPo Guard functions by blocking what ever servo signal you plug into it when the power gets down too low, but it won't stop the draw on the battery. (Only you can do that.) In a dynamic dive pool sub you could hook it up to block your diveplane signal from getting through to the ADF2, but the low battery indication definitely isn't as positive as abruptly forcing your boat to the surface by blowing ballast. You could also just monitor your time carefully, and in the worst case recover your boat with a skimmer pole.

I originally designed the LiPo Guard after getting my KILO stuck near the middle of the reflecting pond at Carmel, IN after the Regatta had shut down for the day. Because I was crawling along at slow speed anyways I didn't really notice the motor getting light on power, but all of a sudden the drive power took a dive off the cliff and left me stranded. A wet walk, a cold beer and some paper sketches later and the LiPo Guard was born.
            KMc Designs

Comment

• vital.spark
              Commander
              • May 2010

Hello Kevin,

I have the Corona receiver up and running now so I will need the ADF ASAP. Have you head back from Mike? Any problem using the ADF without the Lipo Guard?

Regards,

Myron

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

You can run the ADF without the Lipo guard. The only problem is, as I am sure you are aware, a chance of running your Lipo low and severely impacting the useful life of you Lipo pack.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...