ADF2 Issue.... or is it me???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Level headed stuff, Al. An informative read.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Anuci
      Banned
      • Aug 2008

Thank you, Dave. Your gracious comments are always much appreciated.

Hello Tom, I also appreciate your concern, and the courtesy extended by adding me to the list of those already in your prayers.
      I do hope you are enjoying your Gato model, a fine model you have there.

Btw, I haven't forgotten you, Tom. If Caswell decides not to entertain a build contest this year, so as I may offer to the winner my 1/72 scale submarine crew figures as previously posted, then I will send you the crew figures.

Best Regards,
      Al,
      Last edited by Anuci; 11-27-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• alad61
        Commander
        • Jan 2012

G'day & thanks Al. All my research tells me the sombre rx units are the ducks guts, that's good btw, but they don't work with their frequencies down under as all I can legally use is 27 or 36 MHz & everything that is a target, air or ground all use 2.4 GHz. So finding a good rx unit in anything other than 2.4 is a bit of a challenge. Though there is a fair bit of import rtr Chinese product hitting the markets with 40 MHz. I know my other boats do ok with the Jr rxs' so that is my next course... Along with conning tower rebuild/replacement.:P:)
        Cheers,
        Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
        But to dream is a reality

Comment

• alad61
          Commander
          • Jan 2012

I found an old JR receiver in my kit. It only has the first four channels that work properly but for the seawolf that's all I need. I swapped out the corona rx for the JR one and every thing work a treat with all the electrics talking to each other.

Thanks Kevin, David and others for your words and help.
          Cheers,
          Alec.

Comment

• KevinMc
            Commander
            • Feb 2009

Hi Alec,

I'm glad to have confirmed that's what the issue was. As indicated before I'm going to get hold of a Corona Rx to understand what the source of the problem is and fix it in an upcoming software update. (Actually I know what the problem is, I just need to take a measurement to see how long it takes for the Corona to boot up and start making signals for the ADF2 to read.) I'll keep everyone posted on when that fix is available.
            Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
            KMc Designs

Comment

• alad61
              Commander
              • Jan 2012

Hi Kevin,

I have two, of which both or one you can have if you want?
              Cheers,
              Alec.

Comment

• KevinMc
                Commander
                • Feb 2009

Hi Alec,

I knew there was a post I'd not gotten right back to! I'm sorry about the delay.

Your Rx's are 40MHz, yes? Unfortunately I only have 72HMz and 75MHz transmitters at my disposal so I've gone ahead and ordered a 72MHz Corona. Once it arrives and I get the chance to take some measurements I expect I'll be able to update the code in the ADF2 so that this will nolonger be a problem. As before I'll let you know how that goes.
                Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
                KMc Designs

Comment

Working...