• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

Mini Pump without Positive (+) markings

Hello Kevin,

I'm setting up my 3rd subdriver for a Revell Gato and the Mini Pump I received from Caswell doesn't have a white Positive (+) marking on the end cap! I see from your instruction sheet there is a small hole in the endcap nearest the positive (+) terminal marking dimple. Can I take it that this is the Positive (+) Terminal? I also see that the pump outlet nipples are offset to this side.

Warmest regards for the Season,

Myron
  • KevinMc
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Hi Myron!

As I recall there were in fact two polarity indicators - the obvious one was the coloured dot, but (as a secondary) if you look carefully at the bottom of the two holes near the motor terminals one of them has a "+" molded in raised plastic on the bottom surface of the hole. I'm away from home at the moment, but when I return I'll check up on where the offset port is with respect to positive and negative terminals. (At the end of the day it's likely that it won't matter which way you hook up the pump, but I figured since the pump I had showed a positive and negative terminal it would be wise to document and follow.) Cheers!
    Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
    KMc Designs

Comment

• vital.spark
      Commander
      • May 2010

Hi Kevin,

My Mini Pump doesn't have the "+" molded in raised plastic. all the ejection dimples have just flat bottoms. I wait for you to return home before I solder the Controller to the pump as I really don't want to destroy a controller if something goes wrong!

Regards,

Myron

Comment

• KevinMc
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

Hi Myron,

Back at home now. If you look at the two pump ports and identify them as the "centered" and "offset", the positive motor terminal is behind the "offset" pump port.
        Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

• vital.spark
          Commander
          • May 2010

Thanks Kevin,

That's what I thought it would be.

Regards,

Myron

Comment

Working...