X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

PROBLEM WITH AUTO PITCH CONTROL

After shortening the servo wire leads between my auto pitch control board and my Sombra Labs receiver I get no signal and no response on the rear planes. I may have resoldered the signal wire (white) to the negative (black) on the APC board. I know, stupid mistake for not writing down the wire sequence before desoldering the leads. Problem is I don't know for sure. If I did get them reversed, would that have fried the board and the receiver? Any help would be appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto Pitch Contoller.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	111027

SSBN659
    "Will Rogers"
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

OK.......I have one of those Thor APCs in my Type 23. If you can wait until tomorrow afternoon, when I get home from work, Ill get it out and see how the wires on mine are attached.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• SSBN659
      Commander
      • Feb 2009

Thanks Mark, that would be a big help. Since yesterday I've run some tests and found my Sombra Labs receiver is working - that's good. However my APC is not - that's not good. Anyone else have thoughts about damage done by having the servo wires reversed?

SSBN659
      "Will Rogers"

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Sorry Im late, shoulda had this done last night but it slipped my Demented mind. Just checked mine. From left to right yours appear to be black, red , white. Mine are brown , red , yellow. You might try swapping the black and the white. Since its not working as is. As to what damage..........youll just have to try it. Its possible that yours and mine are not identical.

Comment

• SSBN659
          Commander
          • Feb 2009

Thanks Mark. One more question. On mine there are white, red, black on both top and bottom. One set from the planes servo to the APC and one set from the APC to the RX. Do you by chance have a white, red, black set from the servo to the APC and if so how do those colors match up? I really appreciate your help.

SSBN659
          "Will Rogers"

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Wait a minute. On mine I have the wires on top and three prongs that you plug your servo lead into on the bottom. If yours has two sets of wires on top of each other instead of the prongs, then the answer mmust be that the color of the wires has to match. Did you unsolder both sets of wires? If not then just match the colors.

Comment

• SSBN659
              Commander
              • Feb 2009

Yes I unsoldered both sets of wires but I'm guessing your yellow wire is the signal and the brown is your negative wire. If my white matches up with your yellow, then I've likely fried my APC. Thanks for your help. By the way, great looking Skipjack you have.

SSBN659
              "Will Rogers"

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Thanks, I hope that it runs as well. Considering all the grief that this boats paint job has given me I am surprised that it didnt end up on Craigs list and sold for a song.

Comment

Working...