• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ConcreteTurtle
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2009

Resin problem.

Hi Guys,

I don't know if I should be worried about this or not, but there is some discolouration and crumbling on the interior tray of my 3.5in subdriver where it attaches to the aft plug.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior_Tray.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	99588

Given that there is not a huge amount of load passing through this area, I'm guessing it's ok. I thought I'd run it by you all to be sure. (I am a newbie after all)

What's the opinion, should I replace / reinforce this part or leave it be?

Cheers,

CT.
    Last edited by ConcreteTurtle; 09-27-2009, 09:04 AM. Reason: Adding clarity, removing typos.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

My fault -- that's a short-shot pour of the equipment rails which was fixed by quickly mixing up some topping-off resin and pouring it into the tool before the initial batch of resin could cure. The discoloration is a result of a slight difference in ratio between the two mixes. Don't sweat it.

Fix it only if it breaks. Not a biggie. If you have too, cut slots across the bridge line, fill with baking soda and squirt on thin formula CA -- that'll bond the two areas up good.

Not ignoring your request for help on how to cram ten-pounds of **** into a five-pound bag (your AKULA SD equipment layout issue) -- I'm taking shots right now of a similar SD and battery WTC arrangement just worked out for my 1/72 SKIPJACK model I'm getting ready for next weekends show. I'll have pictures and comment on that up later today, and that little essay should give you some good device installation ideas.

Your work looks fine. Finish the damn thing, already!

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ConcreteTurtle
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jan 2009

Many thanks David, just happy to know it's not a problem.

Appreciate your help on the layout issue also, I look forward to seeing how it's meant to look.
      Have you considered marketing a "tardis subdriver", like Dr. Who has? I think you'd get a wildly receptive audience to something like that. :wink:

I hear you on getting it done, 'bout time I got this back underway. I'll post my progress as I go along. Full steam ahead.

Thanks again,

CT.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Very good.

Hey .... how the hell do you plug your pictures into the text like that. I have yet to figure that trick out and it would help the flow of my posts here if you would share how you did that. Thanks.

Mike tried to show me once, but I just could not get past his horrible English accent!

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ConcreteTurtle
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Jan 2009

David, if you can persevere through my thick Aussie accent, I'll try to explain the way I seem to get it to work... :wink:

When you are in the reply to thread / drafting page, there is an icon with a paperclip for your attachments. If you click on that, then you get a little extra window to upload pictures etc. Once you've browsed to your files in the little window, and uploaded them, click on the paperclip in the main drafting window again, now you'll get a dropdown list of all the files you've just uploaded. Whatever you select now gets marked up in the reply where the cursor is. Then just preview post to make sure the image looks right.

There is probably an easier way, but that works for me.

CT.
          Last edited by ConcreteTurtle; 09-27-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Well, why the hell didn't Mike just say that! Damn. Listening to him is like trying to read Chinese (sorry, Chuck).

and ... thanks. Am I still limited to five pictures per post?

A few more detail shots and I'll launch this epic.
            (in officious Radio Announcer voice) Please, stand by!

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• ConcreteTurtle
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Jan 2009

Happy to be of service.
              I'm not sure about 5 pictures per post. It happens that I've never tried to add more than 4 before.

Surely Mike can arrange special forum rules for a handsome moderator like yourself? Like the special working hours rules he has for you... :wink:

Look forward to reading the epic.

Cheers,

CT.
              Last edited by ConcreteTurtle; 09-27-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
                Mike tried to show me once, but I just could not get past his horrible English accent!

David,
                At least I don't use words like 'negatory' and 'normalcy'. Damned cheek!

From rainy Mystic Ct.
                Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...