• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveJ
    Lieutenant
    • Aug 2008

Seaview SD

Dave, Mike

I wired the components in the Seaview SD. Everyting seems to be connected right. I notice that when I throttle up high the servos start to "twitch".

I installed the Caswell Micro Air Pump along with your Mini Controller into the Seaview SD. I am using the WFLY Radio that Caswell sells. My problem is the pump is not working using the toggle switch on channel 5. I connected it to the dial switch (channel 6) that is used for the dive plane fine tunning and the pump works fine. Is there something I need to do to use the pump with the toggle switch?

Thanks

Steve
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SteveJ
    Dave, Mike

I wired the components in the Seaview SD. Everyting seems to be connected right. I notice that when I throttle up high the servos start to "twitch".

I installed the Caswell Micro Air Pump along with your Mini Controller into the SEAVIEW SD. I am using the WFLY Radio that Caswell sells. My problem is the pump is not working using the toggle switch on channel 5. I connected it to the dial switch (channel 6) that is used for the dive plane fine tunning and the pump works fine. Is there something I need to do to use the pump with the toggle switch?

Thanks

Steve
    Use the Sombra Labs receiver in such tight confines. The WFly receiver is just not selective enough to reject all the electrical noise present in the tight confines of a 2" cylinder. Use the Sombra receiver where high noise is present.

The trouble you're having with the toggle-stitch is that it presents the extreme pulse lengths and the electronic switch is designed to gate out on any extreme of the pulse train, so it won't read the switch positions like what you want (on/off). Kevin is coming up with a fix for the toggle-switch channel. Stand by for that.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SteveJ
      Lieutenant
      • Aug 2008

David

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't mention in my original post that I am using the Sombra rx. Good to know about the issue with the micro switch I thought I missed something.

Steve

Comment

• SteveJ
        Lieutenant
        • Aug 2008

David

Could the MERS switch be used with the mini pump? I noticed Caswell doesn't have the Sub ES1 switch on the site.

Steve

Comment

• SteveJ
          Lieutenant
          • Aug 2008

Hi Steve,

You probably need to reduce the "throw" of the toggle switch. The MPC was designed to be "ON" from about 25% throw to 95% throw, but if you exceed 95% it will turn off again. There ought to be a pot on the transmitter that will allow you to "dial down" how much a servo would travel if you had one connected to channel 5.

BTW, if you want to save a channel the other thing you could do is hook up the mini-pump controller to the ballast channel through a Y-cable and the ballast servo. (It was designed to work well both ways.)

KMc
          David

Can I add a pot to the toggle switch?? If so what kind?? Or could I replace the toggle swith with a dial switch?

Steve

10K Ohm pot (keep the dial internal so you won't get it out of speck's once dialed in). Dial it in to the point where the pump is off in one position, and turns on in the other position.
          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 04-07-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• SteveJ
            Lieutenant
            • Aug 2008

Thank you. I'll let you know how it works

Steve

Comment

• junglelord
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Did that fix work for you Steve?
              How is the Seaview experience going?
              Have you had the first sea trials yet?
              Cheers
              Dean

Comment

• KevinMc
                Commander
                • Feb 2009

I have now have updatd software for the MPC, but to implement that you'll need to send your MPC to me. I'm working on a mod for the transmitter, but to effect that you'll need to open up your Tx and add some parts. You'll only need to do one of the two, which one you choose to implement is up to you.

KMc
                Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
                KMc Designs

Comment

• SteveJ
                  Lieutenant
                  • Aug 2008

Kevin

Thanks again for working on this problem. I'm leaning towards the tx fix, dont really want to take the SD apart.

Dean
                  Seaview is moving slowly, have to get build time in where I can. Finishing up the push rods then I'll work on trimming.

Steve

Comment

• SteveJ
                    Lieutenant
                    • Aug 2008

Well I installed the updated mini pump switch and it works. When I turn it on though the rudder servo moves forward. Also when I push the throttle to full all the servos start to dance. I have the sombra rx installed.

Steve

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SteveJ
                      Well I installed the updated mini pump switch and it works. When I turn it on though the rudder servo moves forward. Also when I push the throttle to full all the servos start to dance. I have the sombra rx installed.

Steve
                      Try these:

1. Run a ground-wire between a motor case and the aluminum equipment tray

2. Trim back on the receiver antenna wire, take out all salck between the receiver and the internal antenna lug.

3. Disconnect one servo lead at a time and test at high throttle till the glitching goes away at high throttle -- this will identify a bad servo, if you have a bad servo.

David,
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...