is anyone monitering the contact us at the subdriver website?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

is anyone monitering the contact us at the subdriver website?

I sent 2 e-mails at the subdriver contact us and haven't got a response.. wondering if you got them?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

the forum works.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jul 2012

well you are who I wanted to ask anyway... I wanted to ask 2 questions

1 I want to buy 5 or 10 pairs of vIIc wite metal props.. along with a weight and foam kit..(I bought 2 of the newer vII fittings kits but I don't want to have one incomplete..plus I want a pair for a project) I want to buy them.. it's not your fault I overtourqed and stripped out the grub screw... so if you would set up an invoice for the weighs and foam kit and 5 or 10 pairs of white metal props for the vII and email to me at satlite440@Comcast.net I would be ever so thankful

2 on the new VII fittings kit I bought 2 of the stern planes now have a square hole they used to be round..is there a modified way too get the center of travel for the stern planes? as I see it with the white metal stern plane and brass square bar set at center of travel you would have 15 degrees rise???? im at a loss and feel stupid help the dumb one out....

thanks hwsnbn....

much bowing regards shane b

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by satlite440
        well you are who I wanted to ask anyway... I wanted to ask 2 questions

1 I want to buy 5 or 10 pairs of vIIc wite metal props.. along with a weight and foam kit..(I bought 2 of the newer vII fittings kits but I don't want to have one incomplete..plus I want a pair for a project) I want to buy them.. it's not your fault I overtourqed and stripped out the grub screw... so if you would set up an invoice for the weighs and foam kit and 5 or 10 pairs of white metal props for the vII and email to me at satlite440@Comcast.net I would be ever so thankful

2 on the new VII fittings kit I bought 2 of the stern planes now have a square hole they used to be round..is there a modified way too get the center of travel for the stern planes? as I see it with the white metal stern plane and brass square bar set at center of travel you would have 15 degrees rise???? im at a loss and feel stupid help the dumb one out....

thanks hwsnbn....

much bowing regards shane b
        I turn to putty when people bow in my direction. You had me at, "I want...".

E-mail me and I'll fix you up with the propellers.

dmeriman@aol.com

Contact Mike (the catalog) for the weight-foam items. And stop being Mr. Wrench-Fist!

I'm going to grab a fittings kit and check out this 15-degree offset issue. Stand by....

M
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0343.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	92087Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0344.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	92088Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0346.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	92089

OK, just grabbed some production parts -- what's this 15-degrees you're talking about?

However, if you got a set of planes with the square holes oriented wrong, bore them to a round with a 7/64" bit and jam the square section operating shaft in there so that the bell-crank sits 90-degrees to the cord line.

I have spoken! So let it be written! (crack of thunder).

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Jul 2012

ok when I ground out the keel area..i set a mid and end points...so at mid travel my square brass tube is not flat it is standing like a dimond shape and the planes are level if I go full rearward throw then the trailing edge of the plane is down and the square tube is flat side down so maby I set it up wrong..i followed the revel fittings kit pics as best possible..but I hae no issues with making the holes round I just wondered if there was a production change and if the fittings insalation had changed. any..

Comment

• satlite440
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Jul 2012

so hopefuly this clears up what I mean about the 15 degrees when the square tube is level ..what have I done wrong? or is this right???
              Attached Files

Comment

• Aug 2008

First off, very good job with the photo-essay. Cleared up what's going up very quickly.

Secondly: You idiot!

Your datum line in not the hull-skeg interface line (upon who's edge you've put your pen marks denoting bell-crank travel). It's the boats longitudinal centerline! Plane angle is referrenced off the boats longitudinal center line.

You people!!!

OK, here's what you do: keep carving away plastic from the skeg, all the way to the trailing edge of the skeg, so you can get more 'dive' out of the planes. All you need is 20-degrees of dive, and 20-degrees of rise -- gotta live with the fact that this mechanism will give you no more than that in the dive direction. But, it's enough.

... don't make me come over there!

M
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jul 2012

uhh this is what I ment in my e-mail..****** jim im a hybrid trans tech not a navy engineer/master craftsman..can you slow it down enough for dumb people....if I intertperate what you said right I need to grind more back for more rearward throw correct..????will have to live with what I got on my learner hull..but there is time to correct this one....pics would be nice if you have any....the revel VII info lacks compared to say the gato???? story of my life I enjoy the underdog..it why I do hybrids

Comment

• Aug 2008

uhh this is what I ment in my e-mail..****** jim im a hybrid trans tech not a navy engineer/master craftsman..can you slow it down enough for dumb people....if I intertperate what you said right I need to grind more back for more rearward throw correct..????will have to live with what I got on my learner hull..but there is time to correct this one....pics would be nice if you have any....the revel VII info lacks compared to say the gato???? story of my life I enjoy the underdog..it why I do hybrids

Agreed, the world needs another how-too video on this particular kit. It's on my 'to-do' list.

Hybrid trans tech? What's that, an extreme sex-change surgeon?

M
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Jul 2012

it's a futile attempt for tree huggers to feel good as the carbon foot print of a hybrid vehical is 20 times a reg gas vehical.....
                      personaly I tell em I have a hybrid too...it burns gas and oil..hahahahahah........

so grind it more right????????

Comment

• Aug 2008

it's a futile attempt for tree huggers to feel good as the carbon foot print of a hybrid vehical is 20 times a reg gas vehical.....
                        personaly I tell em I have a hybrid too...it burns gas and oil..hahahahahah........

so grind it more right????????

Oh! ... that kind of hybrid. Never mind.

Yes, keep grinding aft of the bell-crank. You're almost there.

M
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

So how is the carbon footprint of a Hybrid, 20 times that of a gasoline powered car? Maybe because of the battery manufacture and disposal issue?
                          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• satlite440
                            Lieutenant Commander
                            • Jul 2012

battery component sourceing nickel&lead,making the battery,the pim(power inverter module) the hpcm(hybrid powertrain control module) and the trans.has both regular cluch drums and huge 3 phase elec moters..and the added systems for the antilock brakes for regenerative brakeing....when carbon foot print is measured in a car/truck the foot print starts at the rew materials to make the componants to assemble a car/truck...subarus zero landfill is not true nor is any other cliam....like the u.s. budget you play with the #s to make it look like you want..

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

oh......................Im thinking Battery replacement costs have to be high, considering that I have heard that some are powered by LI-ion. Look at how expensive Li-pos are.
                              IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...