SD35 & MB35S questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008
    • 559

    SD35 & MB35S questions

    D & M,

    In your interest in maintaining a minimum number of different styles of Sub Drivers I'm wondering if:

    The motor bulkhead on the SD35 is the same as the motor bulkhead on the MB35S, the difference being on the SD35 you've left one of the 545 motors off.

    What I want to order is a SD35 but with the two 545 motor motor bulkhead of the MB35S with both motors supplied. Is this possible?

    Also if I order the SD35 I don't want the holes cut out on the cylinder (if you pre-cut the holes at all) as I will be placing the ballast bulkhead in a different place.

    Alles klar, Ja?

    Dan
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    Moderator
    • Aug 2008
    • 12186

    #2
    Dan,

    You incredible pain-in-the-ass!

    To be fair...

    ... Mike and I have to attend to a complete re-write of the 3.5 SD ad copy and replacement of those pictures. The eventual product will be a common 'oversize' Lexan cylinder, supplied at about 29", with the after ballast bulkhead installed -- we leave it to the customer to determine the size of his ballast tank and to drill out the mounting holes and install the forward ballast bulkhead.

    The only difference in the 3.5 SD kit, as it's sold today, is the type of motor bulkhead you purchase, Dan. The after dry space length is the minimum required to accommodate all the devices a fully capable r/c submarine would ever need, and is a fixed dimension.

    Unless you want to make a 'special' order in which you dictate that you want to leave the cylinder alone and mounting of the after ballast bulkhead to you.

    You people!

    David
    Who is John Galt?

    Comment

    • roedj
      Captain
      • Sep 2008
      • 559

      #3
      David,

      The 3.5" SD ad copy refers to which version - SD35 or MB35S - or both?

      So..... the MB35S is not available now? Is that what you're saying? Or is it the SD35 that's not available? Or both?

      This 'oversize' Lexan cylinder of which you speak - are you saying it's bigger than 3.5"? Right now, 3.5" is the biggest I want to go.

      Am I truly a 'pain-in-the-ass" or just a minor annoyance (I'm hoping for full pain-in-the-ass-ness)

      Perspiring minds want to know,

      Dan
      Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

      Comment

      • He Who Shall Not Be Named
        Moderator
        • Aug 2008
        • 12186

        #4
        Originally posted by roedj
        David,

        The 3.5" SD ad copy refers to which version - SD35 or MB35S - or both?

        So..... the MB35S is not available now? Is that what you're saying? Or is it the SD35 that's not available? Or both?

        This 'oversize' Lexan cylinder of which you speak - are you saying it's bigger than 3.5"? Right now, 3.5" is the biggest I want to go.

        Am I truly a 'pain-in-the-ass" or just a minor annoyance (I'm hoping for full pain-in-the-ass-ness)

        Perspiring minds want to know,

        Dan

        Dan,

        You're a full-fledged, screaming PITA! But I love ya ... because you actually do something with this stuff.

        You know how rare that is in this game; someone who actually has the stamina, brains, good looks, and know-how to make an r/c submarine work as it's supposed to!?

        THAT's why I put up with you, and a few others here.

        Most people I won't give the time of day to. Junglelord, for example, and the other big-talking, do-nothing, want-it-all-done-for-them type jack-offs! Those types can just kiss my fat, diabetic, pimple encrusted, alabaster ass!

        There are so, so many arm-chair r/c submarine 'experts' out there, holding court in as many rinky-dink forums, that the Internet has become infested with bum dope, stupid questions (yes, Virginia! There ARE stupid questions), policed by Al Gore trained Moderators, featuring nothing but TALK about the craft of r/c model submarining. Over here, at the SubDriver Forum, we foster people who actually practice the Craft. When we find posters who don't, I eat them alive.

        Where were we? ...

        ... oh, yeah.

        All of the big SD's we offer are of 3.5" outside diameter, that cylinder with a .125" wall thickness, and made of polycarbonate (Lexan) clear plastic.

        Three types are 3.5" SD's are offered: one with a motor bulkhead with a single 500, geared motor and single output shaft; the second featuring two 500 sized motor geared to a single shaft; and a third type motor bulkhead, this one with two 500 sized motors each geared to its own output shaft.

        The difference between the three type 3.5 SD kits we offer is the style of the motor bulkhead.

        (You listening, Mike ... this is good ad copy for the catalog. I still have to get you those pictures, I have not forgotten).

        David
        Who is John Galt?

        Comment

        • roedj
          Captain
          • Sep 2008
          • 559

          #5
          Originally posted by Merriman
          Dan,

          You're a full-fledged, screaming PITA! But I love ya ... because you actually do something with this stuff.

          You know how rare that is in this game; someone who actually has the stamina, brains, good looks, and know-how to make an r/c submarine work as it's supposed to!?

          THAT's why I put up with you, and a few others here.

          Most people I won't give the time of day to. Junglelord, for example, and the other big-talking, do-nothing, want-it-all-done-for-them type jack-offs! Those types can just kiss my fat, diabetic, pimple encrusted, alabaster ass!

          There are so, so many arm-chair r/c submarine 'experts' out there, holding court in as many rinky-dink forums, that the Internet has become infested with bum dope, stupid questions (yes, Virginia! There ARE stupid questions), policed by Al Gore trained Moderators, featuring nothing but TALK about the craft of r/c model submarining. Over here, at the SubDriver Forum, we foster people who actually practice the Craft. When we find posters who don't, I eat them alive.

          Where were we? ...

          ... oh, yeah.

          All of the big SD's we offer are of 3.5" outside diameter, that cylinder with a .125" wall thickness, and made of polycarbonate (Lexan) clear plastic.

          Three types are 3.5" SD's are offered: one with a motor bulkhead with a single 500, geared motor and single output shaft; the second featuring two 500 sized motor geared to a single shaft; and a third type motor bulkhead, this one with two 500 sized motors each geared to its own output shaft.

          The difference between the three type 3.5 SD kits we offer is the style of the motor bulkhead.

          (You listening, Mike ... this is good ad copy for the catalog. I still have to get you those pictures, I have not forgotten).

          David
          David,

          OK, understood, I think.

          I want to order the 3.5" Sub Driver but with the "two 500 sized motors geared to a single shaft" bulkhead. It's OK to cut out the mounting holes in the cylinder if that's the standard way to make this type. How do I order that? Caswell P/N?

          On another matter, you really should learn to not hold your feelings in - just say what you mean.

          Dan

          P.S. Email sent on yet another matter.
          Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

          Comment

          • He Who Shall Not Be Named
            Moderator
            • Aug 2008
            • 12186

            #6
            You should charge me $160 an hour for the therapy.

            Got your e-mail and will comply.

            David
            Who is John Galt?

            Comment

            • Anuci
              Banned
              • Aug 2008
              • 165

              #7
              Oh my! David that was TMI. Poor Ellie, I'm definately going to try and take her away from you. :wink:
              Last edited by Anuci; 06-27-2011, 07:57 PM.

              Comment

              • He Who Shall Not Be Named
                Moderator
                • Aug 2008
                • 12186

                #8
                Originally posted by Anuci
                Oh my! David that was TMI. Poor Ellie, I'm definately going to try and take her away from you. :wink:
                Ellie knows by now when an eruption is imminent. She simply grabs the kid, and they hold up in the 'safe-room' till the rant runs its course.

                I'm OK now. Rant's over ... nothing to see here ... move along ... move along ...

                David,
                Who is John Galt?

                Comment

                • Kazzer
                  *********
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 2846

                  #9
                  Thank goodness none of our readers are actually paying to read this c r a p !
                  Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

                  Comment

                  • Slats
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 1776

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Kazzer
                    Thank goodness none of our readers are actually paying to read this c r a p !
                    Not true, it makes life more interesting. Unfortunately however, I have a mental picture of the texture of Merriman's arse. The upside of that is I needed to loose some weight, I'll be off my food now for some time yet.

                    J
                    John Slater

                    Sydney Australia

                    You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.



                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Working...