• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subcapt101974
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Feb 2011

REVELL Type 7 Problem

HELLO,

I have a problem with my revell type 7. The surface and submerged trimming is perfect. It took me a week to get it spot on. However when I command a blow it tends to want to always lean to 1 side on surfacing. I have to hold it straight on surfacing and when the tank is empty I can let it go. If I surface it with the deck off, its ok. I drilled holes all over the deck so I doubt its an air bubble problem. I am using the D&E subdriver. Anyone come across this problem before?

Regards
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by subcapt101974
    HELLO,

I have a problem with my revell type 7. The surface and submerged trimming is perfect. It took me a week to get it spot on. However when I command a blow it tends to want to always lean to 1 side on surfacing. I have to hold it straight on surfacing and when the tank is empty I can let it go. If I surface it with the deck off, its ok. I drilled holes all over the deck so I doubt its an air bubble problem. I am using the D&E subdriver. Anyone come across this problem before?

Regards
    The listing-when-surfacing problem is an indication that your meta-centric height (how closely the center of buoyancy and center of gravity are situated) is too short.

Raise the height of the foam elements -- but no higher than the designed waterline and/or increase the amount of foam and fixed ballast weight.

The listing is caused by the 'free water' that gathers on either the left or right side of the ballast tank as it empties while surfacing.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• subcapt101974
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Feb 2011

OK Thanks.

Comment

Working...